New L2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handeman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Got my L2 today on my sratch built 4" rocket I call Rocketry 201. Took two tries, lost the nosecone on the first try.

The first attempt was on a K695R and I called the rocket Rocketry 201 - Final Exam. Fantastic flight! Had a Walston tracker in it, good thing. 6,824 ft. With the tracker we knew where to look and we saw the main deploy as it drop over the hill. It ended up kind of hidden in a ditch next to the landowner driveway and the walston saved hours/days of searching. I'm guessing the nose cone dropped into the cow pasture when the main deployed.

The second attempt with a nose cone from my Thug was called Rocketry 201 - Remedial Class. It went up on a J420R. Only got 2,604 ft. We were able to watch it all the way down. The flight wasn't as cool as the K flight and the button got pushed on the count of 4. It was gone so fast I never got a chance at a picutre. There were several movies taken of both flights and I'm hoping to get copies some time soon.

Anyway, I got my L2, and LDRS, here I come!

Congrats Handeman.

Gotta respect a level 2 attempt with a beefy motor like the K695.

Nice save using the trusty Thug nosecone.

Handeman,
Congratulations. It's a great feeling isn't it? Just don't ever tell your wife how much this hobby costs...

Cheers,
SE
Thanks....

I was just thinking about that. I'm not going to even mention anything until vacation and LDRS. She expects to spend money on vacation.

What does a L-1400 load cost?

Congrats Handeman, your wallet just gotten bigger to spend more..:)

blah blah new L2. Atleast my 6k foot flight kept the cone on ;) Stole the highest alt. of the day from me!! :mad:

If you accept defeat, send me a PM and I will hook you up with something better than an L1400 ;)

Ben

Congrats on your L2. Hopefully I can get down your way and do some flying this year.

Yes, congratulations! And if it wasn't for my 38/720 case you wouldn't have gotten your Level 2 -- I accept cash by the way...:D

Thanks....

I was just thinking about that. I'm not going to even mention anything until vacation and LDRS. She expects to spend money on vacation.

What does a L-1400 load cost?

Interested in A L-1400? I can fix you up. Contact me.

Yes, congratulations! And if it wasn't for my 38/720 case you wouldn't have gotten your Level 2 -- I accept cash by the way...:D

Bruce, you are absolutely correct. I would have never gotten it this weekend without the help of yourself and several others including Ed Rowe and Mike McBurnett who supplied the transmitter and Walston tracker respectively. Thanks all!

BTW, my thanks and appriciation is better then cash, just ask anyone. :D

Back