New Kit coming

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DragonRocketry

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Can you guess what kit these nosecones go to.
80DDC31F-6EEB-4B12-8919-2422129340BD.jpeg

Interesting. I know it’s wrong (especially after seeing the fins), but they look like the nose of an Israeli Gabriel missile.

You would be correct.

I will have 4 of these for sale in the next few weeks. I am finishing up a few small details. They will be 4" dia, 54mm motor mount and dual deployment.
One of my favorites. I'll definitely be checking out the kit.

The only problem with the estes one was that the rear fins should not be 45 rotated from the front fins. The fins all line up in a row. The one in the picture above would be the AM39.
Interesting. I wonder if Estes did that for added stability, to get the fins out of the slip stream of the upper fins, since it is an LPR?

Got any photo's of your version in the finished flight ready configuration?

How much nose weight is this going to require? The pictures I found have the big fins pretty far forward. Or will you fudge the scale for stability's sake?

How much nose weight is this going to require? The pictures I found have the big fins pretty far forward. Or will you fudge the scale for stability's sake?
I had to adjust the forward fins little, nothing drastic. Keep in mind that this dual deployment so you have more forward weight.

Do you have a picture of all the parts in the kit? I'm very tempted to order this. Also, what are the tubing dimensions/who is the provider (LOC?)?

Do you have a picture of all the parts in the kit? I'm very tempted to order this. Also, what are the tubing dimensions/who is the provider (LOC?)?
No I do not have a picture of all the parts in the kit. Body tubes are LOC, nose cone is printed and all other parts are cut in house.

I will have a couple more of these over the next week or so. I got to order some more tubing.

I love rockets with large forward fins, but the first thing people say is, " going to have stability problems with those big fins". :questions:

Back