New Kentucky Rocketter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vincent1957

Reaction score
I hail from Kentucky, a native of Ohio. I am in NAR and Tripoli, Class I HPR Certified. Seeking Class 2 but the test is intimidating to me. Further, I cant get the NFPA regs on line, and am short on cash at the moment. I am presently unemployed and seeking employment. I rekindled my interest in rocketry as a means of stress reduction. In the 60-70 era i shot a lot of rockets. My father was alive then and he built me the neatest launch tower as he was a machinst. It had a muffler and tail pipe for the rocket exhaust, but it was mostly for "show". I hope "you all" accept me as part of your forum, and can help with the Class 2 pursuit as well as a possible Upgrade. I am excite to get to class 2 and beyond and then one day go to a national meet. Vince

Welcome. Don't let the test intimidate. I highly recommend a local NAR or TRA launch.

Welcome! I'm in neighboring IN. You're welcome to come to any of the IN launches. There's lots going on in OH too. The Forum here has lots of information and very helpful folks.

Hey, Vince! There is a Tripoli Prefecture/NAR Section based in Elizabethtown, KY. The Bluegrass Rocketry Society flys out of the Highland Sod Farms year-round. We have a 10K (9100 AGL) waiver and the motor impulse limit is an 'L'. Our Prefect is Peter Tarle, out of Knoxville, TN. He also serves as the NAR Section leader. Check out the website at www.kyrocketry.com/ for the whole story. Hope to see ya out there!

:welcome: I'm originally from Central Kentucky, don't let the level two written test intimidate you as you can get the test question pool booklet and just simply go through it once a day and you will memorize all the answers fairly quickly.

:welcome: I'm originally from Central Kentucky, don't let the level two written test intimidate you as you can get the test question pool booklet and just simply go through it once a day and you will memorize all the answers fairly quickly.
So if I can memorize the sample test there are no more additional questions from the FAR and Fire Rules to learn?

Back