New Jerry Irvine Motor Company

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know how to "clique" on the search function to find everything about Carber Energetics and Don Carter. Nothing new here. Let Don and Mark find their way back to health and a chance to make some motors. Dreaming is good for the soul! :)
Sorry to disagree with you, but none of the search engines I have checked produce search results, other than what is here on the RF.

Let me explain something. Back in the mid 80s Mark and I were making and selling motors under the name Reaction Labs. We were buying our filament wound fiberglass tubing from a reputable company in Pittsburgh PA. There was a labor issue. A strike.

Most of you may or may not know that filament wound fiberglass tubing is wound on a mandrel at a certain angle. Usually around 65-70 degrees or so. Turns out many of the employees sabotaged the products. We didn’t know this until we started getting phone calls, letters, etc.. We took a look at the wind angle and turns out it was around 25-35 degrees. The motors were unwinding like a slinky. Our goose was cooked. We refunded as much money as we could and shut down operations.

We’re just now getting back into the motor making business. I think with some support of the rocket motor community we can do so. Wish us well.

He’s talking about the search FUNCTION on TRF, NOT some search engine
Having already read all of that information; "quite limited in specific content, wouldn't you say". However, now that Reaction Research Lab has become part of the picture, I understand more. I do believe I have at least 2 of those in my collection, I'll have to check which ones they are.

Last edited:
Having already read all of that information; "quite limited in specific content, wouldn't you say". However, now that Reaction Research has become part of the picture, I understand more. I do believe I have at least 2 of those in my collection, I'll have to check which ones they are.
Fred. I’d like to know what motors of ours you have…

I hope his is Legit with his motors. It is not just because he owes me a few kits. It is because I think he can add a lot to rocketry.
Yeah he can end up causing more scrutiny and regulation in rocketry than we need. JI had been a rocketry grifter since the 80's.

We weren’t Reaction Research…
I mispoke, should of said Reaction Lab. I'll have to get into my shed and check my vintage stash. I have several old Vulcan, AT and RL, along with some older motors that I'm not sure who made them, all single use. Somewhere in my shed, I also have a 98mm filament wound snap-ring motor case that I was told is a Frank Kosdon re-loadable design, along with a 98mm aluminum snap ring re-loadable of his. I guess I'm what you would call, a half a$$ collector.

Last edited:
I mispoke, should of said Reaction Lab. I'll have to get into my shed and check my vintage stash. I have several old Vulcan, AT and RL, along with some older motors that I'm not sure who made them, all single use. Somewhere in my shed, I also have a 98mm filament wound snap-ring motor case that I was told is a Frank Kosdon re-loadable design, along with a 98mm aluminum snap ring re-loadable of his. I guess I'm what you would call, a half a$$ collector.
Fred,
Vulcan Systems. Scott Dixon. Yes, we were Reaction Labs.

I think this thread has run it's course. I highly doubt we're going to learn what loophole or ingredient Jerry believes he's found to escape regulation, and at this point I doubt that anything more productive will come of it.

I think this thread has run it's course. I highly doubt we're going to learn what loophole or ingredient Jerry believes he's found to escape regulation, and at this point I doubt that anything more productive will come of it.
Especially since he cannot post over here. This threads had gone off the rails.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back