Quantcast

New items for viewing

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Milo

TRF BoD Member
Reaction score
1. Contact Us link now goes to a more detailed contact page.
2. Guidelines are now published. Get to these from the link at the bottom of every page or from the FAQ.
3. NAR Model Rocket Safety Code is available from the FAQ.

I think Phil did a wonderful job on the Contact Us and Guideline pages. Check them out.

The next major thing on the list is to change the background on all the images. This is not a small task. I plan to work on it this weekend.

Enjoy,

Ez2cDave

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
1. Contact Us link now goes to a more detailed contact page.
2. Guidelines are now published. Get to these from the link at the bottom of every page or from the FAQ.
3. NAR Model Rocket Safety Code is available from the FAQ.

I think Phil did a wonderful job on the Contact Us and Guideline pages. Check them out.

The next major thing on the list is to change the background on all the images. This is not a small task. I plan to work on it this weekend.

Enjoy,
A real "Blast From The Past" . . . My, how things have changed !

Dave F.

neil_w

Marginally Stable
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Dave, you just broke your own record! That was fast. :D

Was this post from the very beginning of TRF?

Ez2cDave

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Dave, you just broke your own record! That was fast. :D

Was this post from the very beginning of TRF?
It was the earliest post I could find.

Dave F.

Peartree

Cyborg Rocketeer
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
If Phil wrote it, it may be from the beginning of TRF 2.0 but not from the "very beginning of TRF" which would go back quite a few years, and at least two owners, before that.

heada

Reaction score
If Phil wrote it, it may be from the beginning of TRF 2.0 but not from the "very beginning of TRF" which would go back quite a few years, and at least two owners, before that.
Was this before it was being run from a PC in a basement in Ohio?

Peartree

Cyborg Rocketeer
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Was this before it was being run from a PC in a basement in Ohio?
No, the PC in Ohio was TRF 1.0 and its first (I think) owner. Phil was a part of Troj's team (third owner).

neil_w

Marginally Stable
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be interesting in hearing a bit more detail about the history of TRF, being a relative late-comer. Is it written down anywhere?

heada

Reaction score
No, the PC in Ohio was TRF 1.0 and its first (I think) owner. Phil was a part of Troj's team (third owner).
I thought Carl was the first but wasn't 100% sure. "Someone call Carl and ask him to reset his cable modem. TRF is down." Fun times...

Peartree

Cyborg Rocketeer
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I thought Carl was the first but wasn't 100% sure. "Someone call Carl and ask him to reset his cable modem. TRF is down." Fun times...
Right. I thought this was originally Carl's baby. Then it went to AKPilot, then to Troj, and then to the current owner. Between AKPilot and Troj there was a major database issue and TRF 2.0 was born from a copy (I think) as a bridge and then (much) later, when the original database was repaired and un-corrupted, it was at first, linked as a library and, still later, reintegrated/restored to TRF 2.0.

I could still be missing steps. It was AKPilot that originally asked me to come on as a Mod.

heada

Reaction score
Right. I thought this was originally Carl's baby. Then it went to AKPilot, then to Troj, and then to the current owner. Between AKPilot and Troj there was a major database issue and TRF 2.0 was born from a copy (I think) as a bridge and then (much) later, when the original database was repaired and un-corrupted, it was at first, linked as a library and, still later, reintegrated/restored to TRF 2.0.

I could still be missing steps. It was AKPilot that originally asked me to come on as a Mod.
Yeah, that all sounds right. I remember being heartbroken that all the history was lost when TRF 1.0 database crashed and 2.0 was born and we all had to create new accounts.

There was ROL and RP in the timeline too but not part of TRF. I know RP is offline but are there any parts of ROL still around?

Ez2cDave

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be interesting in hearing a bit more detail about the history of TRF, being a relative late-comer. Is it written down anywhere?
Neil,

See, I told you that "fossil threads" are still relevant - LOL !

Dave F.