New hobby lobby soon

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UMRS

Reaction score
Ford Rd & Lilly Canton, MI 48187
(734) 983-9142
Store Hours Local Sales
This store is not open yet. Planned opening day is 03/09/2009

Soon I will be able to get all those 40% motors everyone else gets :)

Besides Gus nobody from HUVARS ever comes up my way.:(

I've had a Hobby Lobby in Port Huron for almost 2 years!

And....we just got a Harbor Freight just down the street from Hobby lobby!:p

Besides Gus nobody from HUVARS ever comes up my way.:(

And....we just got a Harbor Freight just down the street from Hobby lobby!:p

Well we have a harbor freight in Westland. Maybe we should do a club launch out in your neck of the woods this summer?

Soon I will be able to get all those 40% motors everyone else gets :)

My recent experience has been that HobLob tends to price their motors at around $8 per Estes 3-pack, so with 40% off coupon they come out about the same price as the local Wmarts.

HobLob (at least, around here) seems to stock a MUCH better assortment of motor sizes, compared to Wmart and many LHS.

I have found that the really good use for 40% coupons is on kits

And once your local store gets up & running, they will likely have a clearance section. There can be some real bargains there too (but discount coupons can not be used to lower those prices further)

Mike, did you notice that they closed the Micheal's over on Ford and Warren?

I'm sure it has something to do with opening the new HL.

Mike, did you notice that they closed the Micheal's over on Ford and Warren?

I'm sure it has something to do with opening the new HL.

Yes my wife used to go there to get stuff for her crafting. They just opened that store not too long ago, right after they closed the sears hardware across the street.

That street corner has gone through an afwul lot of changes the last 5 years.

I stop by Hobby Lobby when I go up to Sandman's.

To be honest, I wouldn't go way out of my way to go there, but occasionally they have something on the clearance aisle for ridiculously little money.

My best buy there was an Atomic City Mercury Capsule which had been returned because it was missing the decals. Price....$6. Why $6 I have no idea. It would have still been a steal for $12. But I didn't argue. :D

I never made the connection before (even when had a nosecone made) but I've been to Port Huron before. Long ago and far away I did my river diving certification in the St. Clair river. Being on the river bottom and hearing one of those big cargo ships go over your head is both way cool and seriously spooky. Maybe someday when my kids are older I might start diving again.

Then again I might just spend the money on rockets...

They need to bring a hobby lobby close to me. We have no rocketry hobby stores around here except for a few estes kits at wally world and toy r us.

I never made the connection before (even when had a nosecone made) but I've been to Port Huron before. Long ago and far away I did my river diving certification in the St. Clair river. Being on the river bottom and hearing one of those big cargo ships go over your head is both way cool and seriously spooky. Maybe someday when my kids are older I might start diving again.

Then again I might just spend the money on rockets...
We used to go to Port Huron for vacations when I was a little kid. We would stay at a Howard Johnson's Motel that had an outdoor pool. For a city kid, that was strenuously cool. And it was in the country, too! :) My sister, older brother and I would have a blast there every year.

MarkII

Back