New guy here

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the Talon did not get any snow... Of course it is trapped until I can get a tree cut up and carted away:mad: 2 1/2 hours of shoveling later...

Man, that sounds like work! ;)

Now, out here in California, there was some rain but it will be gone on Sunday. Nice and sunny the rest of the week! :p :D

All I can say is any wife that will let you paint in the bathroom is a keeper and any "faults" she MIGHT have dim to insignificant compaired to having a bathroom spraybooth!!:jaw:

Yes, the Talon did not get any snow... Of course it is trapped until I can get a tree cut up and carted away:mad: 2 1/2 hours of shoveling later...

Dude! Man, we're living in "snow country" but haven't been hit that hard yet this year. Keep us posted!

Man, that sounds like work! ;)

Now, out here in California, there was some rain but it will be gone on Sunday. Nice and sunny the rest of the week! :p :D

Ahh yes, and I'll bet you pay more rent for a studio apartment than I do mortgage on my house for that nice weather... I'll deal with this awful weather once in a while:p:D.

Last edited:
Ahh yes, and I'll bet you pay more rent for a studio apartment than I do mortgage on my house for that nice weather... I'll deal with this awful weather once in a while:p:D.

That's okay, Scott. You just keep telling yourself that while shoveling all that wonderful snow. :D

As for me, I think I will go out on the front patio and have a nice cold beer. Later, I'm driving over to my Father's house to watch the Super Bowl on his big-screen HD TV. ;)

Enjoy! :neener:

Well guys here are a few more updates. Nothing is done yet but with all this snow im getting closer. Comments welcome.:cheers:

-Chance-

7.jpg

8.jpg

72.jpg

73.jpg

74.jpg

Looks like you are jumping into this hobby just fine!

Welcome aboard!

Hope you have lots of fun with this!

P.S.
Nice skybolt in the back:D

....you have the fins on the Sport on wrong:eyepop:

What you have as the trailing edge is actually the root .

When you need to know which edge is which the grain of the balsa runs parallel with the leading edge, if a cut runs across the grain it most likely is not the leading edge.

If you don't feel like fixing the fin grain direction, a simple fix is to take a small "cap strip," if you will, and just add it to the leading edge. The grain isn't so horrible as to cause damage every flight as long as you reinforce that leading edge.

The other way to fix it without removing the fins is to laminate the fins with label paper.

I see on one of your pics ya fly RC. Is that gray wing in the last pic of a combat wing?

Yes sir. Its a scratch built one i made of fan fold foam. Im also big into the helicopters.

-Chance-

I love to fly combat. i went through alot of wings. so i bought a hot wire foam cutter and started making my own. dropping a 1/8 FG rod in the top and bottom and glueing them in with gorilla glue covering them with ripstop nylon and water base polyurethane makes for a very strong wing

Back