• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Gorilla 98/17500 Case only

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyB

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I bought the wrong size case by accident and I’m selling it for what I paid to try and help out the original seller Save from going back and forth on shipping. Price is $375 plus shipping (was $26 to ship across most of the country). If there’s no interest by Tuesday I’m just going to return it. The case is new and is anodized green only on the inside. Please see this thread for details on it and available liners. Thanks!
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?141858-98-17500-or-Bigger-Case/page2

Return to Harry. I think he’s motorman.com. I just bought it, it arrived last week and I measured it on Friday to find out it is the wrong size. I guess that’s what Harry meant when he said Gorilla is coming back, I didn’t know they were out of business, don’t follow them at all (probably bc they’ve been out of business longer than I’ve been in the hobby...). And btw, Harry did apologize, he’s a nice guy and made an honest mistake. It kinda stinks that I’m the one who’s got to eat the shipping both ways though, especially over something that I specifically questioned him about and that he answered with certainty. I thought he would offer to pay the shipping under the circumstances when I posted this but I learned after that he isn’t. Not very fair imo, but tiz life. Case is going in the mail tomorrow one way or the other.

Sorry about that Danny, that's why I called Harry to confirm the ID before posting. He measured it and told me 3.50 which would be classic AMW compatible, not new AMW 3.55.

You can't go wrong with Mike though. If my wife wouldn't find out, I'd get a complete motor from Mike, and keep the Gorilla case and have Mike turn me a forward and a nozzle for it. Joint pay-pal accounts suck.��

Sorry about that Danny, that's why I called Harry to confirm the ID before posting. He measured it and told me 3.50 which would be classic AMW compatible, not new AMW 3.55.

You can't go wrong with Mike though. If my wife wouldn't find out, I'd get a complete motor from Mike, and keep the Gorilla case and have Mike turn me a forward and a nozzle for it. Joint pay-pal accounts suck.��

Absolutly no need to apologize John, I confirmed with him as well, not your fault. I still appreciate you going out of your way for me. And mike gave me a very fair price so even with the $52 in lost shipping and the shipping on mikes case I’ll be just under my $450 budget for it. Thanks again for the help, you’re a good man John!

Cheers!

Return to Harry. I think he’s motorman.com. I just bought it, it arrived last week and I measured it on Friday to find out it is the wrong size. I guess that’s what Harry meant when he said Gorilla is coming back, I didn’t know they were out of business, don’t follow them at all (probably bc they’ve been out of business longer than I’ve been in the hobby...). And btw, Harry did apologize, he’s a nice guy and made an honest mistake. It kinda stinks that I’m the one who’s got to eat the shipping both ways though, especially over something that I specifically questioned him about and that he answered with certainty. I thought he would offer to pay the shipping under the circumstances when I posted this but I learned after that he isn’t. Not very fair imo, but tiz life. Case is going in the mail tomorrow one way or the other.

Ive been meaning to edit this or redact for a few weeks. To honor his good name I’ll correct the above. Harry didn’t tell me but he did in fact return the shipping cost that I paid to have it sent to me, without me asking, and I thought that was honorable of him. Then, a few weeks later I got a letter in the mail from Harry apologizing for the mistake along with a check (again without me asking) for what I paid in shipping to send back. Harry is a stand up guy and deserved me to follow up on what I wrote above.

Back