New Goblin

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepe Le Pew

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello fellow Rocketeers, this is my latest "staples" 4" tube build. It is a clone of the Polecat Goblin,+-.
I used my 3d printer to make the nosecone, my cnc to cut the fins and centering rings. The curious thing is I was at the Home Depot looking for some 1/4" ply and I can across some that looked like marine grade balsa. Same grain and color of the balsa we use for modeling so I purchased a 4 x 8 sheet for 21 bucks. Guess what, it is very, very strong and light weight and it is ply. This goblin compliments my MacDaddy upscale Big Daddy. I just got a stash of 4" tubes from LOC, let's see what comes out of that!

Attachments

• goblin clone.jpg
    goblin clone.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Mac Daddy.jpg
    Mac Daddy.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 0
Goblins are a lot of fun! Nice looking buid. Need to add its little bother 3" goblin and the 5" one too.

The curious thing is I was at the Home Depot looking for some 1/4" ply and I can across some that looked like marine grade balsa. Same grain and color of the balsa we use for modeling so I purchased a 4 x 8 sheet for 21 bucks. Guess what, it is very, very strong and light weight and it is ply
Can you give us the SKU # from receipt for this magic wood? I would like to see if local HD stores stock it?

Here you go Tractionengines, hope you can source it, it is great stuff. I believe it is Sande plywood, which is faced with what seems to be balsa. This I read from a cabinet making forum. I have had good success with it..

Attachments

• Plywood HD.jpg
    Plywood HD.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 0
  • plywood.jpg
    plywood.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Yeah it was, 21.00 is a great price. Even at 39 bucks a sheet it is not bad and if you have a cnc you can nest a bunch of stuff to get the most from it. Also HD has it in quarter sheets, see if they have them. Good luck guys, keep building!!

Back