New Giant Leap Pre-Glassed Tubes!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deandome

Reaction score
I knew this was coming for a few weeks now, as I talked to Ed & Kent 'bout some stuff, but I thought I'd wait & not blow their surprise....

https://www.giantleaprocketry.com/products_airframe_dynawind.asp

I won't get into a whole pitch, I haven't seen it/used it. But it seems pretty sweet...not just pre-glassed, but pressure/heat cured (not just vac-bagged) w/good epoxy, and...according to Ed...with a perfectly smooth, mirror finish.

They've priced it into their Talon & Ellipse kits...much more reasonably priced than I thought; the $153 phenolic Ellipse goes to $214 w/DynaWind....$300 w/filament wound(!!).

Other stuff they mentioned include the new Slim-Shot ejection system that's been on the banner @ Rocketry Planet for a while (still no details @ GL's site yet) and a new, funky looking Level 3 fatty-kit called, I believe, the Sledgehammer (with smaller versions of the same shortly thereafter).

Oh well, I guess I'm blowing that surprise, but since I have NO idea what it actually looks like, it's still a tease, not a leak.

I've checked out the new glassed tubes. They are a work of art and are way better then what I can do and mine come out pretty darn good.

I spoke with Kent and Ed about pricing and from what they said these tubes are going to be affordable which is going to make them very attractive to folks that want glassed tubes but don't have the facilities, equipment or desire for the mess to roll their own. Highly recommended due to finish quality, weight and strength.

I've seen the Slim Shot in action as well and it worked as advertised. It is similar to Aerotech's EFC but has some usability enhancements and as I understood it will be priced substantially less.

Giant Leap is putting out some fine new products.

Andrew Grippo

Back