New from Germany ;-)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello from California! Welcome aboard.

I’m afraid I haven’t done any builds of that caliber but HPR flyers abound here. Somebody will probably have something.

Hi Vatti,

I spend my summers in Slovakia. I'm always looking for European places to launch, clubs, and places to buy HPR motors. Let us know if you find any.

Good luck with the V2,
Bill

Hi Vatti,

I spend my summers in Slovakia. I'm always looking for European places to launch, clubs, and places to buy HPR motors. Let us know if you find any.

Good luck with the V2,
Bill
Two launches in Germany come to mind. In May 29th - 29th near Leipzig and on August 19th - 21st near Manching.

https://www.raketenmodellbau.org/targetdatesThe link is in German, Google Translate should work, but if I can be of assistance, just let me know.

Reinhard

Two launches in Germany come to mind. In May 29th - 29th near Leipzig and on August 19th - 21st near Manching.

https://www.raketenmodellbau.org/targetdatesThe link is in German, Google Translate should work, but if I can be of assistance, just let me know.

Reinhard
Thanks for the link, Manching is not too far from SK and I am usually in SK in August. Sounds like fun!

many thanks guys for the warm welcome ;-)
I looked the V2 build but this is far away from my experience....unfortunately....I need to start simple.
Does anybody know what to do with those bits and pieces? thx
kleen.jpg

many thanks guys for the warm welcome ;-)
I looked the V2 build but this is far away from my experience....unfortunately....I need to start simple.
Does anybody know what to do with those bits and pieces? thx
View attachment 500903

Those are rail buttons. they are used to rail launch your rocket. Not sure if LOC pre-drills holes for these. Never had a LOC kit.

thx...is there any kit like this available on the market for the 4" nose of the V2 cone?
Unbenannt.PNG

I have that kit. Mine is built, but needs painting.

LOC kits have almost no instructions, so ask questions. Many helpful people here.

Have you built a high power kit before? You should use 15 minute or 30 minute epoxy. Do not use glue. Wash the plastic parts. The plastic nose and tailcone are difficult to paint. Use a good primer before you paint them.

I recommend that you screw the rail buttons into the centering rings after you build the rocket.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0568/7489/3503/files/PK-57V2-Instructions.pdf?v=1623753744
The nuts should be for the threaded eyebolt anchor, one on each side of the appropriate centering ring ( step 2 )

The screws should go through the body tube and into something solid underneath if possible. I think someone above mentioned the centering ring, but in this case I don't think the CR is in the straight portion of the body.

I like to predrill my holes, deposit a blob of epoxy with a cotton tip swab, and then affix the railbutton and screw it down.

Hi, look at this video. John is modifing the nose cone with these parts. I am searching for those parts to do the same ;-)

LOC and PML are the same company these days, so perhaps they could whip you up an Intellicone sled ?

Hej there, what type of 3D printer would you recommend? Should be easy to use Software wise, money does not matter I want only the best of the best....life is too short for scrap ;-) thx

I think the Prusa i3 MK3S+ is the standard recommendation for widely-supported, well-understood, good mods and replacement parts, etc.

ok thanks, how about GPS tracking systems...? any recommandations? thx
Are you looking for lowest price or most features? Would you consider a kit (Eggfinder)? Most popular trackers are the Altus Metrum, Missile Works, Featherweight, and Eggfinder, all work well. The Marco Polo is not GPS but it's a new product that seems to be getting popular.

Hej, unfortunately the Marco Polo systems are sold out at the moment, and I am rather searching for a good kit than cheah....thx

Hej, unfortunately the Marco Polo systems are sold out at the moment, and I am rather searching for a good kit than cheah....thx
Well, then maybe the Missileworks RTx or the AltusMetrum.

Hi guys, is there any database or website to download 3d printer files? Looking for rail buttons holder for example to mount inside the rocket....thx

Hi, Vatti. My wife is from Germany. What part of the country are you from?

Back