Quantcast

New from Easy Research Rocketry - 29mm Research Starter Set!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

patelldp

Reaction score
I am introducing a new and easy way to get started in research rocketry: our 29mm Starter Set. This set includes all of the hardware and consumables that you need to cast, cut, core, and fire three H motors, you supply the chemicals!

Included with this set:

1. 29-3G Rocket Motor
  2. 29mm Cut and Core Jig
  3. Three sets of casting/liner tube
  4. Casting Cap
SOLD OUT. The price for these items is $65 plus shipping, which is a $5 discount off of separate purchases the items and includes the casting sets for free!

As always, PM with questions or comments!

Last edited:

patelldp

Reaction score
What grain length and nozzle throat?
My motors use 1.625" long grains by default. A lot of people use different lengths, but I had to choose a standard!

Nozzle throat is 7/32", or 0.21875". Using the 5/16" cores from the coring jig (0.3125") yields a 255 max Kn.

patelldp

Reaction score
I should have added this little bit of information:

All motor purchases from Easy Research Rocketry come with a Live and Learn promotion. If you CATO one of our cases for any reason, send a picture of the remains to me and you'll get 10% off its replacement. We all make mistakes, I'd love to give you a shot at getting it right with a discount!

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
Wow! That sounds like an incredible intro to EX, Dan. I am not in a place in life right now that affords me time to build motors, but if I were, I would take you up on this.

patelldp

Reaction score
The 29mm Starter Sets are all sold...thank you for the interest!

I will take pre-orders on additional 29mm starter sets until I reach an adequate number to do another run. Shoot me a PM with interest!

I have the materials for two 38mm starter sets. If I can get two people interested, I will machine them up and have them ready quickly. They will include the following:

1. 38-2G rocket motor (2x 2" long grains)
2. 38mm Cut and Core Jig
3. Three sets of casting/liner tube, pre-cut

Price will be $85 plus $5 shipping. If interested, shoot me a PM!!!

dhbarr

Amateur Professional
Reaction score
The 29mm Starter Sets are all sold...thank you for the interest!

I will take pre-orders on additional 29mm starter sets until I reach an adequate number to do another run. Shoot me a PM with interest!

I have the materials for two 38mm starter sets. If I can get two people interested, I will machine them up and have them ready quickly. They will include the following:

1. 38-2G rocket motor (2x 2" long grains)
2. 38mm Cut and Core Jig
3. Three sets of casting/liner tube, pre-cut

Price will be $85 plus $5 shipping. If interested, shoot me a PM!!!

Stop, you're killing me!

patelldp

Reaction score
One 38mm Starter Set accounted for...one left!

patelldp

Reaction score
Both 38mm sets accounted for! Thanks everyone, looks like there will be a few new Research flyers out there next year!

warnerr

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
sorry to see no more plans for 38mm 6g😢. you do good work.

patelldp

Reaction score
sorry to see no more plans for 38mm 6g😢. you do good work.
Thank you. I have decided to primarily stick with 29mm, I depleted my personal stock to fulfill the two 38mm starter sets.

pondman

Serenity now......
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I received my 38mm starter set from Dan today. Good quality and and a great addition to the Research hardware I already have. I especially like the cutting/coring jig. I have one I made out of aluminum with a bronze bushing.

I am looking forward to flying this soon. Sometimes you just need a little bit of AP for a fix.... :)