New FREE Ebay Style Model Rocketry Auction Site!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyviper73

Reaction score
Hi!

I just wanted to contact everyone to let you know that I have setup a FREE Ebay style auction site specifically targeted to Model Rocketry Hobbyists.

This FREE auction site works in nearly the same way as Ebay, only without the crazy sellers fees.

This will be a place for individual hobbyists, as well as retailers and manufactures to auction or sell anything related to Model Rocketry!

If you are a retailer or manufacturer, you are welcome to list you excess inventory, or even use it as a platform to sell your products in an auction format, with no fees or cost. We will also create a category specifically for you in our Retail/Manufacture area if you request it.

When you create an auction, you will receive a link you can post on your site if you want to auction off any of your products.

It will take time to build traffic to our auction site, but over time, we believe it will be a great service to both buyers and sellers in the Model
Rocketry hobby.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions on how to improve the site and make it better, please let me know!

Thanks!

John Winter

Going Up Rockets

https://www.goinguprockets.com

P.S. - Registering on our site enters you for a drawing for two(2) full event registrations for NSL 2013 in Pueblo, CO! (Every auction you list gives
you an additional entry! Details on our website!)

Ok. I think this is a good idea that is poorly implemented.

I am starting one also. You beat me to the punch.

Free ?

Home Page Featured Fee: USD 1.50

Bold Item Fee: USD 0.25

Highlighted Item Fee: USD 0.50

Are there any other charges?

Krusty

Free ?

Home Page Featured Fee: USD 1.50

Bold Item Fee: USD 0.25

Highlighted Item Fee: USD 0.50

Are there any other charges?

Krusty

Likely a percentage of the sales as well, though I'm just guessing. I'll use Chuck's site, he'll probably just buy everything himself!

Funny. I am going to use it to auction off some of my stuff.

My site will be 100% free. No gimmicks. You will even be able to make you own store for free.

Likely a percentage of the sales as well, though I'm just guessing. I'll use Chuck's site, he'll probably just buy everything himself!

No percentage of sales. no fee to sell. Only the very cheap optional fees if you want to feature an auction on the home page or emphasize it in the listing. Need to pay for hosting some how.

This is pretty crazy, I was JUST thinking about the possibility of a Rocketry auction site now that Rocketry Planet is gone. I have a friend that does web hosting, but I wasn't planning on doing it "for free." I was envisioning some sort of % of sales. I guess you guys are all much more generous than I...

Looking forward to seeing what you develop.

I am doing this out of my love for this hobby. I have been flying since the days of the "fuse", and wanted to do something for the model rocketry community. I have no objections to this being a community project and if anyone wants to help with the site with either ideas or expertise, I welcome that.

I'm not doing this to make money, just wanted to setup a place that was free from the clutter and fees of Ebay.

Again, I know I'm new to this forum, but I'm not new to this hobby and I hope that no one is offended by my offering this site to this community.

So, if anyone here is interested in helping with this project, send me a message and if you have ideas or skills that would be helpful for the site, I can setup an admin account for you and if you understand php and have some good ideas, I would welcome that participation as well.

Thanks!

Back