New Estes Website...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeltaVee

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Evidently as I tried to visit estesrockets.com, I got a "cant get there from here" message and now it seems that there is a new site under construction. Hoping for the best!

I'd rather have a happy Rocketeer... But I'll live with it for the moment...

Can't wait to see the new site.

Mad-designer2.png

Last edited:
Same here. Still get the login screen. Even tried it on my wife's computer (which has never been to the Estes site) and same results. So its not a cookie or cache issue.

New site is up, looking good!

Better browsing and search, better graphics, cleaner layout.
Old login still works.

Nice! Be sure to check out the "mad rocket scientist" pic of Bill Stine at the bottom of the About page. Glad to see they're having some fun amid all the hard work of re-engineering things back to being an independent company.

Now that things are nicely organized, I notice that there are currently eight, yes *eight* master level kits. I'm guessing that's probably the most at the same time in history.

Last edited:
Now that things are nicely organized, I notice that there are currently eight, yes *eight* master level kits. I'm guessing that's probably the most at the same time in history.
Hard to do an apples-apples comparison since at least a few of those were previously skill level 4...

Yeah it's kinda subjective given the ever-present skill level realignments but it's fair to say there are a *lot* of advanced builder kits just at the moment.

Looks good!
The old Estes site was kinda ok once you learned its quirks, but it was showing its age.

Yeah it's kinda subjective given the ever-present skill level realignments but it's fair to say there are a *lot* of advanced builder kits just at the moment.
I was looking in the Advanced Builder section and saw the Red Flare (1954) which in the description is E2X. How does that work? It is advanced simply because it takes D and E engines?

There is something wrong with having the Mercury Redstone and the Red Flare in the same level. I much prefer the levels based on the difficulty of the build.

I think there has usually been an effort to not portray the higher power D+ powered models as suitable for beginners, regardless of the build effort. Coercing that back into a 1-dimensional skill rating is awkward but probably necessary.

I really wish theyd bring back some of the heftier pro series kits like the mdrm, even the nike smoke or leviathan. Most of the pro series kits are fire and forget. New site is great

Back