!!! new estes stuff!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've really been thinking about getting this one... I think a digital camcorder is a great idea! Even if it's low res. my only fear would be a first flight loss.

Still thinking about it.. thats the best online price i've seen so far.

Scaled Composites , Scissor Wing Transport , Lucky Severn ***Major Drool***

Those things looks sweet ! And more or less , cheapish :D

Its the Starchaser Thunderstar, and the Rubicon I'm chomping at the bit for! ;)

I want the Canadian Arrow..... BT-80, "D" engines :) (or bigger for some of you) ;)

Oh yeah, I'll take a Scissor Wing Transport and a Rubicon too!! :) :D

The one I really want is the Lonestar Cosmos Mariner - (Homer Simpson voice: mmm... D engine boost glider)!

Oh year - gotta have a scissorwing too!

Greg

Originally posted by Karl
Those things looks sweet ! And more or less , cheapish :D

No joke! I think Estes list price on the Oracle is like $114. I think I may just get one of each of the X-Prize rockets. Those are WAY too cool!

Dang, I think Estes struck gold with these new kits! Hopefully they'll get a flood of positive feedback.

I like the Starchaser 2 motor cluster...I wonder how Estes is going to cover that. That must mean a cluster launch controller is on the way because they would never reccomend another manufacturers launch equipment and the current Estes one can't ignite a cluster.

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by marvSRG
I like the Starchaser 2 motor cluster...I wonder how Estes is going to cover that. That must mean a cluster launch controller is on the way because they would never reccomend another manufacturers launch equipment and the current Estes one can't ignite a cluster.

Any thoughts?

Sure, I've got thoughts. The current Estes controller can launch clusters. They make 3 controllers currently:
1) Electron Beam (standard controller, 4 x AA) = 1 motor
2) E Electron beam (standard controller, 4 x AA, with longer thicker cables) = 1 motor
3) Command Controller (2 x 7.2 V ni-cad) = launch as many motors at once as you can.

Man, that Vanguard Spacecraft Eagle is screaming for a bash to 24mm...

Loopy

Originally posted by Loopy
Man, that Vanguard Spacecraft Eagle is screaming for a bash to 24mm...

Loopy
Yeah, I was thinking that too, possibly even making it a gap stager.

Originally posted by gpoehlein
The one I really want is the Lonestar Cosmos Mariner - (Homer Simpson voice: mmm... D engine boost glider)!

Oh year - gotta have a scissorwing too!
Unfortunately, it's been reported that this one may not make it now, at least not this year. If we see it at all it won't be till 2005. You'll note that the Cosmos Mariner is not listed on eHobbies page announcing the new products coming out.

https://www.ehobbies.com/ehobbies-com/rocketry-coming-soon-new-items-announced-by-estes.html

I'm kind-of glad. It looked like it would be a repeat of the foam space shuttle orbiter: looping crashing boost with many, many fields set on fire. Who needs another huge pop pod with a quarter pound of steel washers on top?

The rest of the rockets look like "Rockets" - i.e. they should be quite stable.

Originally posted by Ltvscout
Unfortunately, it's been reported that this one may not make it now, at least not this year. If we see it at all it won't be till 2005. You'll note that the Cosmos Mariner is not listed on eHobbies page announcing the new products coming out.

https://www.ehobbies.com/ehobbies-com/rocketry-coming-soon-new-items-announced-by-estes.html

Originally posted by shreadvector
I'm kind-of glad. It looked like it would be a repeat of the foam space shuttle orbiter: looping crashing boost with many, many fields set on fire. Who needs another huge pop pod with a quarter pound of steel washers on top?
Heh, I was thinking the same thing. I don't know if it's been delayed/cancelled due to flight worthiness, or if they're having a licensing issue.

Back