New Estes Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Localx

Reaction score
I picked up a few on the new Estes Rockets this past wekend. I got the Lucky 7, the Gauchito, and the Rubicon. I put the Lucky 7 together in about 10 minutes, I'm not sure I will fly this one. Its 100% plastic and I don't think the fins will survive a landing. I'm in the process of building the Gauchito, it seems to be of better quality. The Rubicon looks the best so far as in quality.

I just got to ask where do you fly there on L.I. my inlaws live in Massapequa

Well,
As of this weekend I flew in Manorville at the sod farms. We had permission from the owner but this past week some jerks vandalized the "Star Gazer" Its a huge piece of artwork on Route 111 on the way to the Hampton. Some kids on atv's rode up spray painted the heck out of it and left. We are now not allowed on the property because of those bums.

Did you happen to see any of the Sissor Wing Transport kits yet? I have been waiting for that one and no sign of it yet here in California.

Originally posted by Fuddrucker
Did you happen to see any of the Sissor Wing Transport kits yet? I have been waiting for that one and no sign of it yet here in California.

Yup, we have them down here in San Diego. I picked one up last week.

The X-Prize Rubicon I had on back order w/Tower Hobies arrived today - looks like a good quality kit.
can't wait to get at it!

Originally posted by Initiator001
Yup, we have them down here in San Diego. I picked one up last week.

I saw that one and the Rubicon at the Hobby People in El Cajon (San Diego area) last Friday.

WW

Do'nt worry to much about plastic fins breaking.they are a lot tougher than balsa.

I just got a Gauchito, Lucky Seven, and Rubicon, really nice kits.

However, after observation of the Rubicon parts, I really don't see how it could be converted into a cluster without seriously bashing it.

Back