New Estes Kits at WalMart

Discussion in 'Low Power Rocketry (LPR)' started by rbeckey, Aug 5, 2003.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Aug 5, 2003 #1

rbeckey

rbeckey

rbeckey

I saw the new military kits in "Launchables" packaging at WalMart today.

2. Aug 5, 2003 #2

flying_silverad

flying_silverad

flying_silverad

What are the prices like? Are they all there?

3. Aug 5, 2003 #3

rbeckey

rbeckey

rbeckey

I saw all four, but only one of each at that particular store. I believe they were $8.99.

4. Aug 6, 2003 #4

firemanup

firemanup

firemanup

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just there and it was one of the rare occasions i didn't hop over to the rocketry section and pick up a pack of motors...

Usually try to buy one pack with every walmart trip... heh heh... keeps the stock up and appears to be less expensive that way to the mrs...

Thanks for the heads up i'll check next time i'm over there...

5. Aug 7, 2003 #5

eugenefl

eugenefl

eugenefl

Dang. I went to my local WM and no luck. I plan on scouting the rest tomorrow. Maybe Super-WM will have some. Hmm...I know I will be getting one of each!

6. Aug 7, 2003 #6

flying_silverad

flying_silverad

flying_silverad

My Walmart stinks. They have a couple of RTF birds that have been on the shelf since Christmas, no new stock, empty motor boxes AARRGGHH! I think it's time to speak to the manager!:kill:

7. Aug 7, 2003 #7

Stymye

Stymye

Stymye

I hit a regular and a super walmart today ..no new rockets ..but the super walmart did have 2 Blurzz rocket car sets..nothing at hobby lobby either

8. Aug 7, 2003 #8

eugenefl

eugenefl

eugenefl

Yeah, we pretty much have the same selection as well. They still have the "The Dude" set on the shelves. I did see the Stars 'n Stripes set marked down to only $13! I wish I had some nephews or younger cousins. I would hook them up in a heartbeat!

9. Aug 8, 2003 #9

gladiator1332

gladiator1332

gladiator1332

I'll have to check next time I'm in too. Luckily I have two Wal Marts by me and sometimes one has rockets while the other doesn't. For awhile now all they have had is the Maverick and Tomahawk set...never got to fly those...when I tryed to put an engine in them they split in half.

I also buy most of my engines there. They don't seem to sell booster stages though.:( :mad:

10. Aug 8, 2003 #10

Rocketmaniac

Rocketmaniac

Rocketmaniac

Just got back from my local Wal-Mart. I didn't see many rocket kits of interest, but they had a sale on C6-5's (3-packs) for $3.00. (normally $4.97) I cleared them out, 9 (3-packs.)

11. Aug 8, 2003 #11

Stymye

Stymye

Stymye

hit annother Walmart today...no military rockets or blurzz cars but they did have the blurzz motors in stock with the car pictures on them( A10-p)...while I was there, I noticed that all the back to school stuff is out,lots of great prices!
    I picked up some cardstock paper ,binders and tabs for my rocket building scratch book. also in the same section they have these containers called Spacemakers in all sizes real cheap..the new multicolor sharpie pens..tons of that type of stuff. than I hit the fishing area and found some perfect size three-way swivels....excellent! so the trip was not a waste atleast

12. Aug 9, 2003 #12

arthur dent

arthur dent

arthur dent

wow motors and rockets at walmark.In the u.k. we are lucky if the local model shop carrys stock.It would be total luxery to nip down to the supermarket and grab a few motors along with the toilet rolls.:D

13. Aug 10, 2003 #13

rbeckey

rbeckey

rbeckey

Arthur,
    Walmart is even better than you think. They have some called Super WalMart, where they have a grocery store and a department store all in one. They generally have a optician, portrate studio, hair salon and McDonalds in them too. Then in back they have a tire shop and oil change garage. Drop off the car for a lube/oil/filter, shop for groceries, hardware, sporting goods and everything else, and pick up Estes motors while they work on it. :D

14. Aug 10, 2003 #14

Stymye

Stymye

Stymye

heres a pic of those 3-way swivels I found in the trusty Walmart

15. Aug 10, 2003 #15

BlueNinja

BlueNinja

BlueNinja

Rocket cars? Isn't that against the NAR safety code?

16. Aug 10, 2003 #16

havoc821

havoc821

havoc821

Those 3 way swivels would be great for rockets with dual chutes. I have seen the 3 way swivels before. What amount of weight are they tested for? My Estes 4inch V-2 with have 2 30 inch chutes and that would be great to get some 3 way swivels. I just might have to do that. I also checked at a normal wal mart today (not super walmart) and no sign of the kits. All they had were ionizer, stars and stripes, and the orange mini rocket kit with its own launch pad.

17. Aug 10, 2003 #17

jetra2

jetra2

jetra2

I was at a regular wal-mart just two days ago and saw the Bull Pup in Launchables packaging, and therey had just gotten in a HUGE box of C6-5 three packs! WOOHOO! I would have to say there were at least 24 packs, probably 30 in that box!

ok....back in to my box.... :D

Jason

18. Aug 10, 2003 #18

crashinj

crashinj

crashinj

Was in our local Super Walmart today but did not see any of the new Military rockets you guys are talking about. They did seem to have a large assortment of starter kits tho, more than usual. The motors were well stocked too. Had the Rocket Cars motors but no rocket cars. Believe they were 10T-3PT or something like that, I didn't know what they were, but do now. hehe

CrashinJ

19. Aug 10, 2003 #19

JeffK

JeffK

JeffK

Went to Super Wal-Mart today and found 3 of the four new kits. The only one missing was the Patriot. All are in Launchables packaging and were $8.88 each. I got the ASRAAM, the Paveway and the Cluster Bomb (which releases Meteor-Masher-esque "bomblets" on ejection). They only had one of each so I snatched them up. These will go in my stash and the next time I see them I'll get more to build.

The Bullpup and the Fat Boy are fairly common here in those packages. I've seen a Skywriter or two here as well. You can sometimes find them at Toys-R-Us.

I can't wait for the Outlander and the Renegade (?) to come out.

Jeff K

20. Aug 11, 2003 #20

BlueNinja

BlueNinja

BlueNinja

At Toys r Us all I've seen are the starter sets and assorted motor bulk packs.

21. Aug 11, 2003 #21

FireEater359

FireEater359

FireEater359

I'll have to check that out. Where I live we have two walmarts both supercenters and a hobby lobby. Bad side is alot of times they dont have alot. :(

22. Aug 12, 2003 #22

Rocketman248

Rocketman248

Rocketman248

I work at a WalMart Supercenter. I think this is the only time I want to go into work. I've been at NARAM all last week. It was great. My paycheck is going to stink though.

23. Aug 12, 2003 #23

BlueNinja

BlueNinja

BlueNinja

Yeah, life's hard. Make jobs secondary only to flying rockets:D

24. Aug 12, 2003 #24

Austin

Austin

Austin

I just got back from our WalMart by the office...cleaned them out of C6-5's...7 packs is all they had left and the others from A10's - C6'7s were not on sale...

...but C6-5's for $3 a pack...Heck yea!!! :D I am going back to the other WalMart by where I live for more...it's only like the most popular 18mm Estes motor I use...and now that I bought Thomas a Deuce, were REALLY going to go thru em!

Carl

PS: No new models yet...but I am watching...

25. Aug 13, 2003 #25

lamart72

lamart72

lamart72

I just picked up all four new kits at the WM in Windham. They still a few left. They only had 2 packs of C6-5s marked down to $3.00!! All the rest were regular price.

26. Aug 13, 2003 #26

BlueNinja

BlueNinja

BlueNinja

Ahhh the C6... my favorite motor... I'm gonna have to go to WM.

27. Aug 14, 2003 #27

Jase

Jase

Jase

I checked out my WalMart here last night.

No rocket motors on sale. :(

Interestingly enough, they had the A10-PT motors for the rocket cars, though they didn't have any of the car kits. I'd be really curious to see these. This was the first time I'd ever seen those motors here.

28. Aug 14, 2003 #28

Austin

Austin

Austin

I see some real rocket possibilities for the PT load...Like small kits (the Tumbleweed comes to mind) that use tumble recovery...or gliders that don't have to kick motors...pretty cool.

Carl

29. Aug 14, 2003 #29

GoBang

GoBang

GoBang

Would you believe...Quest Micro Maxx motors at Wally World? Two six-packs, even. Stymie, I'm shocked you didn't beat me to those. Love them tiny machines! :D

30. Aug 16, 2003 #30

Rocketman248

Rocketman248

Rocketman248

I just got back from work. My store had all four. I bought the ASRAAM and the Pathfinder. When I got home, I realized I didn't check on the motors. Oh well, I've got about 25 motors (which is a lot for me, I rarely fly LPR, except for my Deuce and Spitfire).