New Estes Kit Prices

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DynaSoar

Reaction score
Discount Rocketry has the new Estes kits up on their web site, with prices. They're not available yet, and DR is not taking pre-orders, but they do allow you to sign up for an email notice when the kits are available.

https://www.discountrocketry.com/level.itml/icOid/1161

The answer to the obvious question is: SpaceShip One = $14.99

Flights to 400 feet
Length: 11.6" / Diameter: 2.0" / Weight: 3.2oz.
Plastic nose cone / 12" parachute recovery
Recommended Motors: B4-2, B6-2, C6-3

I'll have to buy two, so I can have an original, and one with a 24mm MMT.

The Rubicon kit looks great, but scares me at the same time. As a 7.3oz Level 1 kit with that much detail, I have the feeling it is just a bunch of plastic :(

Originally posted by grimlock3000
The Rubicon kit looks great, but scares me at the same time. As a 7.3oz Level 1 kit with that much detail, I have the feeling it is just a bunch of plastic :(

Yep. Me too. Sadly, I bet most of these X-Prize kits will be.

(this was my initial reaction when the news broke here about these kits coming this fall)

BTW, the only thing about them that I haven't totally curbed by enthusiasm about is the Canadian Arrow kit.

Since the rocket is basically a doctored up V2 rocket - and the Estes kit of the Arrow is 2.6" in diameter - I'm holding out hope that this is a re-release of the now OOP Estes V2 kit of the same diameter with balsa fins, just different decorations.

That way, I can by one and paint it as a V2.

I checked out the 2.6 inch Estes V2 kit on EMRR, looks neat for the suggested retail of $22.

Well, I'm interested in most of them. The Cosmos Mariner boost glider looks good. And did anyone notice the Thunderstar is a cluster?

Back