New Estes Kit Packaging

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Initiator001

Reaction score
I was visiting one of the few remaining hobby shops here in San Diego when my eye caught sight of some unrecognized packaging in the rocket aisle.

The product was an Estes Crossfire ISX kit in new packaging.

Since the scale kits have their own motif I wonder if the sport models will eventually all be packaged like this Crossfire.

Estes New Packaging 12-16.jpg

I was visiting one of the few remaining hobby shops here in San Diego when my eye caught sight of some unrecognized packaging in the rocket aisle.

The product was an Estes Crossfire ISX kit in new packaging.

Since the scale kits have their own motif I wonder if the sport models will eventually all be packaged like this Crossfire.

View attachment 306887

Missed you by two days.

I was in Discount Hobby Warehouse there on Tuesday afternoon and saw that new kit and packaging.

Almost bought the NCR by E Interceptor G kit they had in the back, but managed to keep my wallet in my pocket.

I spoke with a contact at Estes who informed me that eventually all the kit packaging will be going to this new look.

The two-pak motor packages are just for mass-market outlets at this time but it could change.

Missed you by two days.

I was in Discount Hobby Warehouse there on Tuesday afternoon and saw that new kit and packaging.

Almost bought the NCR by E Interceptor G kit they had in the back, but managed to keep my wallet in my pocket.

Ah, well. Timing is everything they say. :wink:

I spoke with one of the clerks about the source of those NCRBE kits and was told that the store owner had bought a model collection and the two rocket kits were part of it.

thanks for the tip, I may go score that Interceptor G. :grin:

The skill level seems high. Saw a Der Red Max at local shop and it's level3 kit.

Yeah, that is weird. The Crossfire is listed on the Estes site as Skill Level 1 and on the packaging it says 3? I wonder if they're recalibrating their ratings so that RTF/ARTF is 1, E2X is 2, and then up from there. We'll see.

If anyone has any other good-quality photos of other rockets in the new packaging I'd be interested to see it. Producing fake face cards for my scratch builds just got a bit tougher...

Back