New Eggtimer Proton Firmware - 1.02N

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For cases when you type in the arm code, and it doesn't arm, it would be nice to get some feedback as to the reason -- continuity test failed, not cal, etc.

For cases when you type in the arm code, and it doesn't arm, it would be nice to get some feedback as to the reason -- continuity test failed, not cal, etc.
It actually does that, things that will prevent it from arming are highlighted in red on the status page. Maybe some text underneath the "Arm" button would help...

Try this:

Substitute the Proton's .bin file for the example .bin file in the video, and you'll also need to install the Prolific USB-Serial port driver from their web site.

I don't have a Mac so I can't try this, but the Python/pyserial/esptool combination seems to be the universal standard for flashing the ESP8266 processors. The Windows script that I provide has a precompiled binary version of esptool so you don't have to mess with getting Python/pyserial... you do need to have the Prolific serial driver, though.

This is just a reminder that if you have an older version of the Proton firmware (ESPECIALLY the original 1.01a build) we recommend that you update it before your next flight. I was at a launch a few weeks ago in which a college team couldn't get their Proton to arm because they hadn't calibrated it initially... that won't happen with the latest firmware.

The most current is 1.02R, it apparently hasn't been posted yet. I'll take care of it. The only difference is a change to the landing detection logic, so it doesn't keep running if you land on a hill or a tree.

Back