New Doctor Who Episode TONIGHT (Sat. June 27th)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgegassaway

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Was sort of surprised nobody posted this before, and now it has crept upon us:

New episode of Doctor Who, Tonight (Saturday the 27th), on BBC America Channel. Yes, BBC America, not Sci-Fi channel.

Take note this one is longer than normal, 75 minutes. Odd though, I thought it would be 90 mins. with commercials, so be careful.

Showing at 9 PM, 12 Midnight, and 3 AM Eastern time. So set your Tivos, VCR’s, eyeballs, or 8mm sound movie cameras accordingly....

Episode name “The Next Doctor”. This is NOT to be confused with next season when a new actor will take over playing the doctor, David Tennant is definitely in this one.

I won’t get into it now, but there are only 4 or 5 episodes of Dr. Who this season (long episodes like this), and the last ones for Tennant. At least two already played in the UK, this one was last year’s Christmas episode.

If you do not get BBC America channel, or missed this message till it was too late, and since it is not known when or if Sci-Fi will show this season’s episodes, two words: “Bit Torrents”

- George Gassaway

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. I found it and will record it. Funny thing is that on DirecTV, it shows this as first having aired on 3/14/2009.

Funny thing is that on DirecTV, it shows this as first having aired on 3/14/2009.
Tivo lists the same thing (probably same database). But that data is wrong. This ran December 25th last year (we have “It’s a Wonderful Life”, and 24 hour replays of “A Christmas Story”, the BBC has had Doctor Who Christmas episodes the last few years).

Here is a page with a bit of info on the Doctor Who special episodes for 2009, which includes the one that ran December 25th last year in the UK and the second one that ran there at Easter:

https://www.aerospaceguide.net/doctorwho/2009.html

Last one for 2009 will be another Christmas episode, where by the end Tennant will hand off to the new actor playing the Doctor.

- George Gassaway

Take note this one is longer than normal, 75 minutes. Odd though, I thought it would be 90 mins. with commercials, so be careful.
And sure enough.... it ran for 79 minutes. 4 minutes over. Those who missed recording the last 4 minutes and are still up late, there is one more showing starting at 3 AM Eastern, set your recorder to record 90 minutes worth just to be darned sure.

Or, set your Tivo/DVR to also record “The Graham Norton Show” that appears right after it, as David Tennant is the guest.

- George Gassaway

And sure enough.... it ran for 79 minutes. 4 minutes over. Those who missed recording the last 4 minutes and are still up late, there is one more showing starting at 3 AM Eastern, set your recorder to record 90 minutes worth just to be darned sure.

Or, set your Tivo/DVR to also record “The Graham Norton Show” that appears right after it, as David Tennant is the guest.

- George Gassaway

That Graham Norton Show was definitely a repeat from earlier in the year. I love that show.

Primeval has jumped the megalodon. ;):D

Back