New Deuce Thread!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
`with all the talk that was going on about post count I got to thinking about the the high number of Deuce threads (either those that began as Deuce threads or migrated *into* Deuce threads :) ) and I noticed that the new TRF is in dire need of a Deuce thread!

So here it is.

Show us your Deuce's Wild!

To start things off, here is a picture of the original "Deuce" (it became the "Deuce's Wild!" after we put it into production here at FlisKits).

This original had a BT-55 body tube and slightly different shaped fins. I first built this in the late 70's (as I recall). After a few builds I upped the body tube to a BT-60 because of the tight fit of the 2 motor tubes in the BT-55.

The BT-55 version actually appeared in our club (The Goddard Society) newsletter, "Aunt Effie's Cabbage Patch" but never really drew much attention.

Upon opening FlisKits it quickly became our most popular kit and, aside from educational bulk pack orders, is still our best selling kit :)

Have at it!
jim

duce01.jpg

Here's mine. It doesn't look as pretty anymore.
It has flown many, many times.
And one of my favorite launch shots. :)

Deuces Wild sm.jpg

Deuses Wild lo 2 cp sm.jpg

I have a couple of Deuce's that I like to fly. The smallest is the Diminutive Deuce we fly in the yard. A Stock 18mm Deuces Wild. A upscale 24mm with Star Wars/Star Trec theamed looks. A 38mm Deuce's Wild with Kraken tube fins that can fly on a pair of J-350's and also has a pair of central 38mm motors for airstarting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=248ZLdN4Gis

Andy Hansom

dw.jpg

micros.jpg

krakenmattandy.jpg

krakenroc22.jpg

Last edited:
Here are my Deuces. The second pic is the Tour de Deuce birds posing with my Deuces.

DSCF0009sm.jpg

DWfam.jpg

Here are shots of the Deadman's Deuce a space pirate themed Deuce, and the Deuce of Rockets which someday I will get around to finishing the poker themed design I have planed for it.

lepro 1.JPG

DDFwd.JPG

DDportupper.JPG

trf7.JPG

Deuce lift off 8-18-07.jpg

Last edited:
One stock and one bashed. The photo of my Deuce XL5 was from NARAM50 and was taken by someone else. :( (I forget who took it so if it's yours and you are offended, I'll replace it.)

IMG_1806.JPG

Here's mine.. It looked a lot better when these pictures were taken.

I flew it one day with a streamer because it was windy and it happened to land just wrong and it crunched the forward half of the body tube. I cut the tube just between the Deuce's and Wild on the decal and added a new forward section.

Deuce_1.jpg

Deuce_2.JPG

Not sure how many folks here view the Barclone design threads over on YORF.

Here is my Deuce inspired take on a Estes classic design that I originally developed in Rocksim v8 and recently updated taking advantage of some of the new features in version 9 of the software.

I ordered all the parts from Jim sometime ago, just need to find the time to put it together and get 'er in the air. I even ordered a set of upscaled decals for the build from Excelsior.

MATaDor on YORF

... Bill

MATaDor 3D Sims.PNG

I love it, keep'em coming!

One thing I love is that I've gotten to see most of these in person even :)

Here are mine....

The yellow and red one was repainted after a summer and became the blue and white NARCON 2007 Deuce (seen here being autographed by Jim at NARCON 2007). The red, white and blue one went to the 2007 October Sky Festival and was autographed by Homer Hickam and the Rocket Boys (and later autographed by Jim at NARCON 2008). I have another Deuce that hasn't been started yet.

D1.JPG

October Sky Duece.jpg

The Deuce rules, this rocket is just awesome to fly. I've only used C6-3's on the four flights to date, but everyone has been perfect.

Two flames are better than one, no doubt!

FlisDeucesWild7_20_08.jpg

FlisDeucesWildFlight7_20_08.jpg

In addition to a stock Deuce that flies great on the new Quest long burn C's, I have a 24 mm version (the second one died by Cato), and a 54 mm version, last flown at NSL 2008 on J230 Skids.

Deuces 24a.JPG

Deuce small.JPG

DSC00697a.JPG

DSC01012a.JPG

Here are three of mine, I also have a Diminutive Deuce.

The 18mm

18mmdeuce.jpg

The 13mm

13mmDeuce.jpg

The Baby Deuce -- Thanks go to Mr Flis for this pic.

BabyDeuce.jpg

Gotta love a Deuce thread!!!!!

Hmmmmm...All those Deuces look great! Wonder if my Trois Deux qualifies? Triple stacked deuces wild motor mounts..13mm,18mm and 24mm
NoName037.jpg

After all the paint was dried and prior to the first launch..

TroisDuex_07.jpg

And here taking to the skies for the first time..

2 smoke trails are cool, how is 6? :p

Thank you Secret Santa! It flew beautifully...with many more to come, I am sure.

Image1.jpg

These are great! :)

I'm going to post some of my other Deuce pix later (especially Carl's 38-Special :) )

I know there's more out there... Thousands, frankly LOL

Here's my upscale 29mm Deuce. Photo taken by Nadine at NSL 2005.

I have since repainted it and added some rail buttons. Hoping to get a picture of it on a couple of G77R.

deuce a.jpg

These are great! :)

I'm going to post some of my other Deuce pix later (especially Carl's 38-Special :) )

I know there's more out there... Thousands, frankly LOL

Hey Jim make sure you post the Deuse drag race from NEERF and the one with the special "scar" from that launch. :)

The Bertha's Wild and Trois Deax are excellent variations on the Deuces Wild theme. I've got one that is sporting slightly mod'ed fins, hanging in the shop with primer coat. The way weather is going though, it'll be April before I get a chance to shoot some paint and post a picture.

Hey Jim make sure you post the Deuse drag race from NEERF and the one with the special "scar" from that launch. :)

Tony,

good ones!

Here is Carl Tulanko's 38-Special

Here is that NERRF Deuce Drag race

And, last but not least, my Deuce of Hazard after that launch.

If you look at the picture of the launch you will see my rocket being over taken by Maggie's Deuce. That "passing in a no passing zone" left quite the scar on MY rocket. So cool that I clear coated it so that it would last :) I even had Maggie sign it for me!

Found another one, my Der Red Deuce 24mm upscale. Flies good even on one motor.

9a.jpg

11a.jpg

12a.jpg

Mark, that looks very good.

Jim, is that what they mean by a "racing stripe"? That's pretty cool.

Here are a couple photos of my DW and one of a BT-70 based F Dual Eggloft model flying on 2 E9's.

Chris Taylor took the photos at NARAM 45.

kj

dw1.jpg

dw2.jpg

dw3.jpg

dw4.jpg

Here's my Harry Potter Deuce. I originally had a different plan for it but when the first coat of paint turned up Barney purple, I scrapped it and came up with this instead.

This rocket is a serious kid magnet.

HPDeuce2.jpg

I have several, but this one has got to be my favorite:

My Stars and Stripes Deuce at NERRF 4.

https://www.vimeo.com/2682176

Unfortunately, 3 weeks ago, only 1 motor lit, and it got trashed badly. I think I'm just going to build a new one.

(and if you're wondering, all of my vids are on Vimeo now. Must better quality than YouTube, and they're not taking money from a [deleted] cult.)

[A further post was removed due to inflammatory language - let's stick to the facts and be civil please]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back