New Deuce Pics...kinda different...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKTurbo

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I had an idea...and I went with it. Trying for a "hot rod" look. (Notice the 'dual exhaust') I'm not sure if I like it, but here it is.

After all....I could always build another one...:)

DW2.jpg

DW1.jpg

John

Smokey will be looking for that Rod for sure! Nice looking rocket and unique finish idea. Welcome to the forum.

Hey, even you end up not liking it I'm sure the kids will run around the living room with it making "Vrrooom Vrrooom!" noises. :) I personally think it's a slick concept. The Deuce is an "open canvas" for mind and creative stimulation. I also like the contrast in gloss paint and flat black nose finish. Nice touch!

Thanks for the compliments.

You know how you get an idea, but when you get finished it just doesn't look nearly as 'cool'. Oh well.

No...it hasn't flown yet. The gray paint on the "exhaust" is still wet! This was my first try and homemade decals. I wasn't too impressed with the white decal sheet....not nearly opaque enough. I used the Testor's kit I found at Wal-Mart for $5.

BTW...the graphics on the fins are stickers. I covered up the decals since they looked to faint on black base coat.

Yeah...the boy's do like it. No running through the house with rockets though. At least not until we've worn the new off of it.

John

most unique! I love it! :)

man, if only I had *gobs* of time...

right now "Time is on my side" is playing... darned near threw the radio out the window! LOL

This excites me SO. I often wonder what the *next* Deuce masterpiece is going to look like and I'm surprised each and every time :)

thanx!

John,

I think it looks great! The dual exhaust is a really unique concept. Is anyone else feeling the pressure to come up with a great finish on that Deuce they haven't completed or even started yet!

Originally posted by OKTurbo
Thanks for the compliments.

You know how you get an idea, but when you get finished it just doesn't look nearly as 'cool'. Oh well.

No Way! As we say up here in Cow Hampsha', That's wicked cool (please not that the word cool has two syllables Coo - wul). Fantastic job on it All it needs is a little "Big Daddy Don Garlitz" to drive the thing. Post pics of the flight.
Bob

That is a sweet Deuce! I like the hot rod look :). Maybe you should build a Police Deuce, and drag race them;). Put B4's in the cruiser, and B6's in the Hot Rod.... better yet C6's vs D24's :D

Maybe you should build a Police Deuce, and drag race them. Put B4's in the cruiser, and B6's in the Hot Rod.... better yet C6's vs D24's

LOL

Not sure how you pictured it, but It looks sweet!

I love all the Deuce concepts! Neat hotrod!

I need to go ahead and build mine.........

Originally posted by jflis
most unique! I love it! :)

right now "Time is on my side" is playing... darned near threw the radio out the window! LOL
Change over to the 50's station and wait till they play "my Little Deuce Coupe":p

Ahhhh....now you guys are getting it....

But how do you make a rocket look like a '32 Ford...hmmmmm...

This could start a trend. Next maybe a Highway Patrol car or maybe a Hot Rod Lincoln (Junior Brown playing in the background)

Or....Dukes of Hazard....'there were just good ole' boys....never meanin' no harm.....

Or pick you favorite NASCAR driver and honor him with a Deuce...

Oh the juices are flowin' now.

John

But how do you make a rocket look like a '32 Ford...hmmmmm...

well, 'bout the closest FlisKits gets is the Pheord X150 redneck pickup-saucer...

built Pheord tough!

:D

Or....Dukes of Hazard....'there were just good ole' boys....never meanin' no harm.....
John

The "Deuce" of Hazard:D

This is not a Duece, but it does have 4 wheels, or what look like wheels!

Back