New Deal from AT

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DynaSoar

Reaction score
According to a banner ad on ROL, AT is offering a webstore special. For $49.95 you get an Airspike kit (a Mustang without decals) plus two (new, I presume) F20 S/U motors. Not a bad package for the MPR beginner.

According to AT's webstore, the price is $59.95. I've asked both for clarification.

According to Great Lakes' web site, you can get a Mustang (with decals) and two F20s for $59.94. Discount Hobby Center says you can get them for $52.20 (caveat emptor empty shipping promises), and in either case this might not mean the new versions of the F20. $59.95 is not a deal. But AT usually tries pretty hard not to undercut their dealers either in price or in sales volume. Not sure what's up here.

If the price is supposed to be $49.95, or even just $49.95 if through ROL, that's a pretty good deal. Anyone wanting to move up, and has access to a club's MPR launcher or a friend's would appreciate it. I like the Mustang much better than the Initiator. If I didn't already have one, and the price is $49.95, I'd get one.

We'll see how it shakes out.

Whoa!!! AT's webstore is back up!! That banner, though, is years old. Let me know what you come up with though. The Airspike looks like it has slightly different fins from the Mustang, as the trailing edge of the fins from the Mustang come forward and they don't appear to on the Airspike.

Originally posted by KermieD
Whoa!!! AT's webstore is back up!! That banner, though, is years old. Let me know what you come up with though. The Airspike looks like it has slightly different fins from the Mustang, as the trailing edge of the fins from the Mustang come forward and they don't appear to on the Airspike.

I noticed that after. Maybe Wart Hog fins? Maybe a new shape for them.

The web store has been up for months. But all it's had is the Initiator system and F20's. Everything else, you got directed to dealers.

Our club ordered the Airspike from AT a feew years back.
We were able to get a significant quantity discount, IIRC.;)

How it shakes out is, ROL hasn't changed the banner in 2 years. AT is asking them to now. The price is $59.95.

That's what I was afraid of. Actually, it's closer to 3 years that it hasn't been changed there.

Back