• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New CTI 6GXL Complete Hardware

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kip_Daugirdas

Reaction score
SOLD.
98mm. $450 + free shipping!!

This is a GEN 2 case
Complete means case, retaining ring, fwd closure, nozzle carrier, and rear closure.

Some friends will be bringing this to Hellfire today (I will not be there this weekend).

If it does not sell locally this weekend, I am happy to ship anywhere in the lower 48 FedEx ground.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Diameter? (Did I miss this info somehow?) Guessing 75 or 98...

if it were 75mm its only a couple of $$ less than Wildman's price (or 413 for club members)

CTI hardware isn't the problem. It's getting the loads to fill it. If the load is in stock they are full retail $.

Only certain ones not all. CTI certs most if not all of it's loads it AT hardware.

Still available, realize this is a brand new, never fired, complete motor set. Shipping is free via FedEx ground.

CTI 98/6XL loads are currently available and more will become so as CTI ramps up production.

Included:
- Case Gen 2
- Forward retaining ring
- Forward closure
- Nozzle Carrier
- Aft closure

It's a deal, but the reloads for that sucker are over $1000, and I just can't do it.

It's a deal, but the reloads for that sucker are over $1000, and I just can't do it.

Only the N5800 and O3400 are over $1k. The others are $130 more than 98/6G loads. That's 3-5k Ns more impulse for $130 - quite a good deal for commercial propellant.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1502906221.952361.jpg

It could possibly be good for EX.

I'd consider this hardware, but it would take nearly a year for me to buy that hardware.

That would be so cool; have someone make an EX motor, like an N motor, build a Applewhite saucer, and launch!! Easy to build, cheap rocket, low altitude flight. :cool:
But, that may be somewhat impractical..
Thanks,

Dude. Do you understand how much thrust an N motor would generate? I hope you are kidding because this in an Applewhite saucer would be a disaster.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this case is a good choice for EX.

This case would work fine for EX. In fact, Scott at Loki has been using it for some of its EX stuff - take a look at his Facebook.

You'd have to get a nozzle machined for it, since CTI reloads come with a disposable nozzle.

Dude. Do you understand how much thrust an N motor would generate? I hope you are kidding because this in an Applewhite saucer would be a disaster.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this case is a good choice for EX.

Yeah, make an N motor, like ex; N1000, N800.

Thanks,

I used mine for EX. worked great, just buy phenolic nozzles [52.00 at the time, you drill to size] from RCS [Aero-Tech] a bit pricey but so what when overall cost is a pittance to store bought load.

Unfortunately , Triple XXX liners/casting tubes, required for long burn. For standard loads AT liners from RCS will fit..

Last edited:
it might look a lot like this...
[video=youtube;rsARPcfpPM4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsARPcfpPM4[/video]
Tom Binford Research N800long burn...

Tony

it might look a lot like this...
[video=youtube;rsARPcfpPM4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsARPcfpPM4[/video]
Tom Binford long burn...

Tony

Yup, that's pretty much what I want, just a little shorter burn. :wink:
Thanks,

Back