New Cosmodrome Vostok instructions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmodrome

Trust me, It'll fly!
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
One of the things that delayed the re-release of this kit was that I had to redo the instructions. Well a few (small) errors were found. :(

1) AD - Core shroud tab is listed as 7.25" x 2" posterboard. My part measures 7.00" x 2". Which is correct? The Core shroud tab should be 7.0" x 2.0" This is a documentation error only, will fix the instructions.

2) AF - Forward booster standoff. My part measures 1.5" x 1.75"-1.83" (the cut was not straight). The instructions list the part as 1.5" x 1.25". Are the dimensions on the instructions correct? The forward booster stand off should be 1.5" x 1.74"-1.83". Will fix the instructions.

3) AG - Aft booster standoff. My part measures 1.5" x 2.75"- 2.83" (the cut was not straight). The instructions list the part as 1.5" x 1.75". Are the dimensions on the instructions correct? The aft booster stand offs should be 1.5" x 2.66"-2.75". Looks like my template is slightly oversized, I'll fix this, and update the instructions.

4) AI - Aft lug standoff. My part measures 1.5" x 1.375". The instructions list the part as 1.5" x 1.25". Are the instructions correct? The forward lug stand off should be 1.5" x 1" and the aft lug stand off should be 1.5" x 1.4125" As I remember now I changed the dimensions early on, must have forgotten to update the instructions. Also, lost my original lug stand off templates and made new ones. Looks like I was off just a little with these new ones.

As a result:

The core shroud tab as supplied is fine.

The forward booster stand off as supplied is fine.

The aft booster stand off should be sanded down just a bit. I would recommend dry fitting the boosters and then sanding down if needed. As supplied they should be really close. OR Contact me and I'll send new ones.

The aft lug stand off is slightly under sized. Sand down the forward lug stand off if needed. I would tend to think that the part is close enough, but dry fit the lugs on the stand offs first and sand the forward stand off if needed. OR Contact me and I'll send a new aft lug standoff.

Sorry for these mistakes. If anyone finds any thing else with the documentation, please let me know so that I can fix it ASAP. I'll have these items corrected and uploaded to www.cosmodromerocketry.com tonight.

Back