New Build. Have Questions.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking this was a paper rocket..I see now it is a fiberglass bird. What sections are you having problems with? I don't understand what you mean by bt and payload. You mean where the upper section connects to the coupler, the upper section to nose cone or lower section to the coupler? I use different methods of connection for all three.

as it is configured I have the nose cone and the AV bay fixed together via screws. The body tube to the lower AV bay fit is what I'm talking about. I am gonna use a JLCR and configure as a single deply set up. The upper portion will be fixed in place but remain optional for DD.

so I am trying to do a friction fit for the Bt and payload section. It's very loose but adding just one layer of tape and it will not go.

Any ideas?

I'm guessing you're using masking tape. Try Scotch tape.
Same problem with my DarkStar. Too loose for friction, but a single strip of masking tape was too thick. A strip of Scotch tape was perfect.

as it is configured I have the nose cone and the AV bay fixed together via screws. The body tube to the lower AV bay fit is what I'm talking about. I am gonna use a JLCR and configure as a single deply set up. The upper portion will be fixed in place but remain optional for DD.

Ahh okay. That's what I thought you were talking about. Scotch tape may be a simple solution..I rarely take the simple route. Lol. The epoxy would be a more permanent solution and wouldn't have to worry with it peeling or sticking or needing replaced.

Gonna mount the rail buttons tonight and she will be done minus paint. My next question is the length of the 1/2" tubular nylon shock cord? 3x total length?

My 2.6" L1 rocket has a 15' nylon harness (1/2") with 18" of kevlar in the booster. Up top is 12' of the same nylon for the main. 15' should be plenty.

so I am trying to do a friction fit for the Bt and payload section. It's very loose but adding just one layer of tape and it will not go.
The thin high-temperature tape you get for 3D printers these days works well. Just search for "high temperature tape" on something like eBay

Back