New Build Flis Kits Triskelion

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnwwa

Reaction score
Well as you can see the Triskelion is not finished yet but well on the way. All the balsa has been sealed and sanded , Launch Lug attached . all that is left to do is fill Bt spirals and then two coats of primer sanded between coats. Will keep you posted on progress.
A Great Kit for a first rocket or kids or even us old BAR's:D

BAR
John

John,

very nice :) I love seeing construction reports on our new kits.

Questions (if I may ):

1) How were the instructions?
2) Did the fin jig help?
3) were the fins in your kit loose in a small bag or still attached to the sheet of balsa?
4) How was the fin fit and gluing?

Thank you much! :)

jim

Jim

1. I found the instruction to clear and concise.

2. fin jig was great for alignment of fins.

3. Fins were laser cut ones
I phoned you about this question.

4. fin fit was good . when attaching the first fin to bt I held body
tube till glue set up a little then moved on to the other two fins. I use Aleene's Tacky Glue for all my builds . First i apply glue to both surfaces let dry awhile then apply more glue then press parts together.

Hope this helps
BAR
John

Well I finished The Flis kits Triskelion today. I hope the rain holds off this weekend. If not I'll post launch photo when time allows.:)

BAR
John

I am working on the Triskelion as well. Jim - did you ever upgrade the kits to using kevlar? My kit has a tri-fold method for shock cord attachment.

Instructions were good, parts great, fins sanded easily, and the motor mount went together nicely. I did upgrade to a kevlar system.

What is missing is the description of the size of the parachute. I have one huge piece of plastic sheet with three templates to choose from. Do I go with the small or medium parachute for the Triskelion?

Thanks

Unless otherwise specified, go with the largest (16")

As for the Kevlar, I left it out for two reasons, feedback from teachers (cost and complexity) and feedback from students.

I have also augmented mine to use kevlar :)

jim

Every time I look at the Triskelion, I get the feeling that it has one fin too many. :D
A two-fin version with a boat tail - and ideally a four-motor cluster - could be Fliskits' first scale model, the Feuerlilie F55. ;)

Originally posted by adrian
Every time I look at the Triskelion, I get the feeling that it has one fin too many. :D
A two-fin version with a boat tail - and ideally a four-motor cluster - could be Fliskits' first scale model, the Feuerlilie F55. ;)
That design would make a wicked-cool rocket!-I've never had a rocket with 2 fins. :eek:

Have never heard of that rocket, but it is interesting when you consider the two designs that I was pondering when I designed the Triskelion...

The one you know as the Triskelion is obviously the one that won, but here is a sketch of the other one...

things that make you go hhhmmmm :)

Looks good! Why not build that as well as the Triskelion? ;)

The nice thing about this sort of design is that it lies flat, which can make it easier to pack for transport to a flying field.

-You could name it the"Biskelion":D
-If this were made as a high quality Fliskit, I would buy it in a heart-beat!!!:cool:

Originally posted by Rob Fisher
-You could name it the"Biskelion":D
-If this were made as a high quality Fliskit, I would buy it in a heart-beat!!!:cool:

LOL

Hey, it may just make it to market. The problems with a fertile imagination is there is never enough time or money to do everything you'd like to...

gimme a dozen people and a million bucks and I could have 200 new kits out in a week! LOL

Originally posted by jflis
LOL

Hey, it may just make it to market. The problems with a fertile imagination is there is never enough time or money to do everything you'd like to...

gimme a dozen people and a million bucks and I could have 200 new kits out in a week! LOL
I hear Ya-LOL :D

Jim,

You should have painting instructions that have each fin painted for a "provider" :)

Originally posted by mach7
Jim,

You should have painting instructions that have each fin painted for a "provider" :)

LOL I had never thought of that. Yep, that would be kewl :)

Problem is, the graphics for painting details such as that would cost at *least* 2500 Quatloo's, and I just don't have it... :p

sadly As a lowly drill thrall, I don't have the quatloos either.:(

How much would a Shahna decal cost?

Back