New Boys & Girls Club - session 1, 2009

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More photo's up.

Nothing for fishing as they had the day off for Columbus Day

Nothing on magic. Just not finding anything to really photograph in that class :)

Pumpkins and Litchfield rocketry has been updated though.

In pumpkins, this is week 6 of 7. The kids finished carving their last pumpkin. Next week we will do some finish work then gut and light'em up.

In Litchfield rocketry it was week 5 of 5 (last day) so we spent the cool Autumn afternoon launching Whatchamacallit and Lil' Guy models!

DSC04554.JPG

DSC04562crop.jpg

DSC04571.JPG

DSC04574.JPG

DSC04602.JPG

We are wrapping up our first session of the 2009/10 school year (in Merrimack). We wrapped up the Litchfield session 1 last week.

I have the photo albums updated with the latest. We had our last fishing day, finished our last pumpkins and lit'em up, launched our rockets in litchfield. The only thing left to do is to launch our rockets from Merrimack and that will happen tomorrow before we get ready for a very busy weekend!

Below are just a few pix. You can find the whole photo album by clicking this link.

DSC04689.JPG

DSC04710.JPG

Jim, you are creating some great memories for these kids. Keep up the good work!

Fishing, rocketry, and art. Hmmmmm, can I be in your class??????

Well, session 1 is now complete. We had a great rocket launch on Friday with the beginner and advanced class (Rhino, clustered Rhino, Deuce's Wild, and Stingray). I finally got all of the pix posted for that class :)

Also, last week we began session 2 at Litchfield (Merrimack session 2 begins next week). Litchfield runs 5 week sessions so they go out of sync after the first session...).

For our second 5 week session, we're splitting it up. The first 2 weeks will be pumpkin carving and the last 3 weeks will be flight club. Pix are posted of the pumpkins so far. We light'em up on Thursday :)

Pix can be found here!

Whew! Pumpkin season is finally over! (I think... LOL). We finished the short (2-week) season in Litchfield and got'em all lit up. Pix are posted in the photo album under "session 2"

Also (rather than start a new thread), I was invited for my 2nd year to teach the pumpkin carving to a group of kids in Peabody, MA. We did that last night and I got the pix posted in an album that you can find right here!

Both glad and sad that the season is drawing to a close... but I can tell you that my sore fingers are thrilled! LOL

Next week I begin Session 2 in Merrimack and continue session 2 in Litchfield (the next 3 weeks there will be Flight club). Keep watch!

Pix below, one (eagle) from my Litchfield group and the other (cat) from Peabody.

DSC04911.JPG

DSC04897.JPG

Back