new BMW ad

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealth6

insert witty tagline here
Reaction score
This just popped up as an ad when I was checking my email.........hmmmmmm:

[video=youtube;wfY0r4fZZvw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfY0r4fZZvw[/video]

s6

Couldn't find the full length ad to save my butt yesterday... Still can't.

found it...

[video=youtube;7dALAe58Fhw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dALAe58Fhw[/video]

I'd like to know more about those rockets... They've got an interesting fin arrangement.

Shot an email to one of the engineers there, asking if they have published the design anywhere. Worth a shot, anyhoo.

I'd be interested in hearing more about the rockets and the overall setup.

How did they get clearance to launch a high powered rocket with a grounded trailing wire into an opaque T-storm cloud where filed flight plan IFR air-traffic could possibly be navigating about? That's not your normal... TRA/NAR launch... And without the right clearances with the FAA that would pose a hazard to manned aircraft that could not visually identify the launch during such cloudy conditions. They had to have called it in somewhere. Or do the NOAA dorks gets special treatment?

How did they get clearance to launch a high powered rocket with a grounded trailing wire into an opaque T-storm cloud where filed flight plan IFR air-traffic could possibly be navigating about? That's not your normal... TRA/NAR launch... And without the right clearances with the FAA that would pose a hazard to manned aircraft that could not visually identify the launch during such cloudy conditions. They had to have called it in somewhere. Or do the NOAA dorks gets special treatment?

It looks like a dedicated facility so it probably has a do not fly zone around it during thunderstorms. Large aircraft are almost certainly above the weather and small aircraft wouldn't want to be flying in that anyway.

They didn't. It's all CGI...just like the moon landings. And the spherical earth. LOL

At one time you could buy such rockets from a dealer in Canada. He sold them to researchers at universities from what I can remember.
This was when Taras Tataryn owned Advanced Rocketry Group. He later ran Sigma Rockets. That still exists but I am not sure if he still owns it.

Taras had some excellent Black Brant kits. He had the domain www.blackbrants.com. I bought a couple of BB kits from him.

I remember watching a documentary at least a decade ago about weather that had a small segment about an induced lightning group. Wonder if it's the same one.

What's that look like?
He carried two in his hand, so 38mm fiberglass?
Metal bracket strips for easy fin alignment and extra support.

Any scratch builders want to take on "Lightning Bait"? (up/downscale or 1:1)

lightning bait.PNG

Back