New Areo-Tech catalog is here !

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackjack2564

Crazy Jim's Gone Banana's
Reaction score
Just a reminder guys, the new catalog is available for download.

Has ALL the motors in it, even the new endburner Warps!

I keep a copy with me of the motor pages, at the launches.

For those of you that have never seen one, it has all the trust curves in lbs. to make picking motors for you rocket easy. On just 3-4 pages.

Just divide the total thrust by 5 [4.5 to be exact] and that's the weight of a rocket it will lift.

Example I-211 50lbs of thrust divided 5 = 10lbs rocket it will lift safely.

Great guide to keep handy for comparison purposes.

https://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/ On resources page. PDF. You can also find instructions for all motor reload assembly in case you lose yours, along with motor hardware drawings and dimensions , delay cross reference charts, Rocsim files for the kits, etc. by surfing this page! Lots of info.

Last edited:
Just a reminder guys, the new catalog is available for download.

Has ALL the motors in it, even the new endburner Warps!

I keep a copy with me of the motor pages, at the launches.

For those of you that have never seen one, it has all the trust curves in lbs. to make picking motors for you rocket easy. On just 3-4 pages.

Just divide the total thrust by 5 [4.5 to be exact] and that's the weight of a rocket it will lift.

Great guide to keep handy for comparison purposes.

https://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/ On resources page. PDF. You can also find instructions for all motor reload assembly in case you lose yours, along with motor hardware drawings and dimensions , delay cross reference charts, Rocsim files for the kits, etc. by surfing this page! Lots of info.

Thread moved from The Watering Hole - This just seemed to fit better in the vendor section.

The new catalog is really nice. I hope they come out with some new smaller motors. I've been wondering if they have anything new in store for the 18mm, 24mm, and 29mm hobby lines for a while now.

The new catalog is really nice. I hope they come out with some new smaller motors. I've been wondering if they have anything new in store for the 18mm, 24mm, and 29mm hobby lines for a while now.

We always have something new in the works. Lots planned for later this year. :D

I to want to see more loads for the smaller motors. especially the 18mm motor. I would love to see a D8W (moonburner) and a Fastjack load would be cool in the 18mm case.

L339N Warp9 endburner for 98/2560... I WANT THAT NOW!!

Hey, Gary.

What's the difference between I49N vs I59WN? What's the WN propellant type? It's interesting that they're both 38mm reloads but the WN burns faster.

Thanks!

Hey, Gary.

What's the difference between I49N vs I59WN? What's the WN propellant type? It's interesting that they're both 38mm reloads but the WN burns faster.

Thanks!

I think it's regular Warp-9 propellant, just in an endburning configuration.;)

But the I49 will go in the 38/360 motor while the I59 will go in the 38/480 motor.

Yes but they're both end burners in the same casing diameter so the average thrust should remain constant between the two all else being equal. If it's not different propellant then the I59 must use smaller nozzle throat than the I49?

Hey, Gary.

Thanks!

It starts off as a core burning white lightning motor then changes over to an End burning warp 9. Very kool motor. You get the kick off the pad with white lightning then the warp 9 takes over and you get a smooth long burn.

EDIT: Also look at the thrust curve of the I49 vs the thrust curve of the I59. The I49 peaks to about 10 pounds and states there. The I59 peaks to about 40 pounds and states there for about 1 second then drops off to about 10 pounds.

Last edited:
It starts off as a core burning white lightning motor then changes over to an End burning warp 9. Very kool motor. You get the kick off the pad with white lightning then the warp 9 takes over and you get a smooth long burn.

EDIT: Also look at the thrust curve of the I49 vs the thrust curve of the I59. The I49 peaks to about 10 pounds and states there. The I59 peaks to about 40 pounds and states there for about 1 second then drops off to about 10 pounds.

Woah, that's cool!

Hi Jim...it's AeroTech. ;)

I know... I know @##$$%^ sorry:bangpan::bangpan::bangpan:

Hey it was Sat morning....I was prepping to launch a Little Dog on a KBA I-301. and wanted to compare the thrust curve to a I -284. In a hurry.

At least I got it right in the link......where it mattered! :)

Heck I don't even spell my name right, half the time.

Jym

So this isn't correct? Or is this for BP motors only? :confused:

"To figure out if a particular rocket motor can safely lift your rocket, divide the number between the letter and the dash by 4.48. This will convert the average thrust from newtons to pounds. You will need at least 6 times the amount of thrust as your rocket weights with the motor installed.

Example: E9-x
9 divided by 4.48 = 2.01
2.01 divided by 6 = 0.33 Lbs

Your rocket should weigh no more then .33 Lbs or 5.33 ozs. "

That sounds like an awesome concept.:D

Can't wait to try a couple of these. Seems like it might use a regular White Lightning BATES grain as well as a longer, endburning Warp-9 grain.;)

BTW, I like your new status Gary, you certainly do make the good stuff.:D

Last edited:
Mikus said:
So this isn't correct? Or is this for BP motors only?

"To figure out if a particular rocket motor can safely lift your rocket, divide the number between the letter and the dash by 4.48. This will convert the average thrust from newtons to pounds. You will need at least 6 times the amount of thrust as your rocket weights with the motor installed.

Example: E9-x
9 divided by 4.48 = 2.01
2.01 divided by 6 = 0.33 Lbs

Your rocket should weigh no more then .33 Lbs or 5.33 ozs. "

This is all just swag estimates. A 4 to 1 thrust to weight ratio (or greater) typically gives you a high enough speed off the rod or rail to make sure the rocket fins are working. You can do a better job of determining minimum motor thrust for a rocket by using a simulation program, especially one that specifically reports speed of the model at 3' to 4'.

You can also look at the thrust curve and make adjustments, too. Any curve with a high initial thrust will probably safely lift more weight than this basic rule calculates. A good example of this is the new I59 WN motor from Aerotech (see the thrust curve in the previous message) It has an initial 35 lb of thrust that could move a heavier rocket. Compare that to the I49N which only has a peak thrust of 14 lb.

Last edited:
Look for an announcement soon. :D

*refresh* ..... *refresh* ..... *refresh*

Hey, where is it?!?! :neener:

OK fine, so I'm impatient. I'll switch to pestering my friendly neighborhood vendor to order me a few.

*refresh* ..... *refresh* ..... *refresh*

Hey, where is it?!?! :neener:

OK fine, so I'm impatient. I'll switch to pestering my friendly neighborhood vendor to order me a few.

At least I posted some thrust curves. :D

Speaking of new Aerotech motors, I tried one of the new L2200 Mojave Green loads (75/5120) today in my 4" Amraam. That thing has some grunt to it. It went 1200 feet higher than when I flew a CTI L2375 White Thunder last october, with more kick off the pad too. I think I may have found a new favorite motor :D

Speaking of new Aerotech motors, I tried one of the new L2200 Mojave Green loads (75/5120) today in my 4" Amraam. That thing has some grunt to it. It went 1200 feet higher than when I flew a CTI L2375 White Thunder last october, with more kick off the pad too. I think I may have found a new favorite motor :D

High density impulse.

I can't wait to fly one of those new I59WN motors.:D

I bet the effect will be awesome - a big White Lightning flame diminishing into a thin wisp of smoke when the booster grain burns out.;)

Back