New AMW Loads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow I just noticed there are lots of load for the 2550 case too, 54mm L....I cant wait to fly the Mission Impossible on one of those

Biggest news there is the release of Skids ( long awaited ) Think Bill would mind if I burned a HUGE hole at Hi-power C ;) ?

Joel
NAR 77267
TRA 09848

hmm nope, I wouldnt either, but I dont think he would let you fly there ;)

I want some of those 2550 loads!!!

Cool skidmark! I hope i cna see some of these new loads if I go to Airfest.

I'm looking forward to the L1300 in my Binder Galaxy. It will be on the ragged edge of what it can take.:D

Originally posted by jrogers
Biggest news there is the release of Skids ( long awaited ) Think Bill would mind if I burned a HUGE hole at Hi-power C ;) ?

Joel
NAR 77267
TRA 09848

Launch it off the Superpad so most of the sparks are deflected away from the ground, and we will we the ground first. Seriously... you should ask Bill about that... Mention my suggestions. I'll bring the water to wet the ground with too ;).

Now I know what my L3 motor is going to be :D

I think he was kidding Doug, a full K at CMASS seems a little risky.

Its not a full K though.... ;). Besides, his Mega-Nuke won't go that high with it :)

Anybody going to the TRF meet plan to fire a skidmark? :D

You got me Ryan

I was kidding

These motors ( no matter what the pad is ) would light the grass up in a flash

Joel

well it is pretty close to being a full K, the other loads for this case are L motors

sorry to expose your plan Joel, but you have no excuse for LDRS, I will bring the fire extinguisher

you've never seen a skid Doug?

I'm saving as much as I can for LDRS, I may fly somthing "special" at the first CMASS launch

Joel

Originally posted by jrogers
You got me Ryan

I was kidding

These motors ( no matter what the pad is ) would light the grass up in a flash

Joel

Ok.... this is what we do! We dig a trech, going around the pad area with a radius of 25 feet. Then we burn off all the grass inside the circle (the trench will prevent the slash fire from spreading). That will leave nothing for the skidmarks to ignite...

Yeah....

Bill would love that.... so would the farmer :eek:

hhaha it would be fun, but then we wouldnt have a place to launch anymore

April 17th, look on the events forum, there is a thread about it. Are you planning on going?

I'll be there. I was a member for a year, flying at CMASS for three, four years. Usually miss the first launch of the season. The wait to late summer/fall is a killer!

My bigger birds need at least a G35 to get moving, a motor I don't have currently. Might bring the heaviest rocket I have and see what people might have at the field. Other than that, I need to get building, have a decent number of E9s and F21s to try out for the first time.

-B

awesome the Hobby Shop near my house had a G40 last time I was over there......

Just to revive this, I recently saw the K1000SK go. Flown right in the middle of a grassy hill, no grass fires whatsoever...might have been due to the rain 5 minutes before the flight, but hey whatever works...

Back