New altimeter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el traveiso

Reaction score
Ok I just purchased couple RRC3's, and I'm new to this brand. I've used Perfectflight,and Altus Metrum . My question is I use the USB interface module to configure both altimeter. Do I also need to set the dip switches to the configuration, or can I do either or. I couldn't find anywhere in instructions for configuration. Thank you for any help. I want to fly a safe dual deploy.

Please make another read through of the manuals. They're attached to this post.

The answers to your questions are there.

No. You do not need to set the Dip Switches if the RRC3 is configured through the LCD,
or the USB and Bluetooth module - which use the mDACS program.

You can use the dip switches to make changes to the flight parameters, and access info, if you
don't use the LCD, USB or Bluetooth. But you have to be real attentive when doing it.
Other than that - avoid moving the dip switches.

Attachments

• RRC3 Quick Start Guide.pdf
    259.9 KB · Views: 0
  • RRC3 User Manual v1.60.pdf
    527.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I used the LCD to program my RRC3 and RRC2L and it was so much easier than the dip switches.

I use the Bluetooth module most of the time. The LCD is kept in my launch box for any last
minute changes, or when someone comes to a launch with a new RRC3 and had issues with
the programming.

Never tried that Bluetooth module. How are you liking it?

The Bluetooth is what I use all the time. I don't even have the USB cable.

The BT module works fine.

I purchased the LCD as a backup. And now I have my first RRC2L, so the LCD will get a little more use.

Ok I just purchased couple RRC3's, and I'm new to this brand. I've used Perfectflight,and Altus Metrum . My question is I use the USB interface module to configure both altimeter. Do I also need to set the dip switches to the configuration, or can I do either or. I couldn't find anywhere in instructions for configuration. Thank you for any help. I want to fly a safe dual deploy.
You can use the dip switches to set the basic settings. To access the basic and advanced settings you use the USB connection to the mDACS application, or use the very convenient plug on LCD module. As mentioned above, if you use the USB or LCD methods, then leave the switches in their default state.

It's all in the manual.

Last edited:
I have 25 RRC3 and love them
using the dip switches is much easier once you get used to it and nothing else to buy
look up the switch settings to do what you want and write a list with them to use on the next one
I don't use them for 2 stage ignition as there are much better ways like the Altus Metrum timer

Back