New AeroTech Igniter - FirstFire Mini

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregGleason

Reaction score
From AeroTech's Facebook page...

AeroTech Consumer Aerospace is pleased to announce the release of FirstFire Mini™ igniters. FirstFire Mini™ igniters are manufactured with a smaller diameter wire than the FirstFire Jr™ igniters, allowing them to fit a wider range of motors, particularly those with small throats. The FirstFire Mini™ igniters offer the same reliability that customers have enjoyed with the other igniters in the FirstFire line. FirstFire Mini™ igniters work on both 9V and 12V launch systems.
FirstFire Mini™ igniters are 8” in length and come single dipped in AeroTech’s pyrogen mix. Each pack of igniters contains 3 igniters and carries a suggested retail price of $9.99. The product number is 89899.
FirstFire Mini™ igniters are available for purchase from the AeroTech Store, ValueRockets.com and the Quest Aerospace website.

11885385_10153484038068955_3730827431865818247_n[1].jpg

Greg

I've seen/used these in SU E motors. Not sure how long they've been shipping in that configuration. Worked great! Would be nice to see them in the reloads as well, so you don't have to build the igniter into the motor.

Anyone know how these compare to Q2G2s in terms of firing current?

From my understanding it takes a bit more current to fire. Made to fire composit not black powder. Alittle birdy told me.

Last edited:
Maybe I will get a 3 pack of D reloads and rob the igniters out of those .

Kenny

Back