NEW 8" FORMULA 200! From Rocketry Warehouse.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is sitting in the garage waiting for me to get off. At midnight:wink:

Dennis

nope! little old 4". I will however mod it to take the 17,500 case :grin:

Dennis

Now just have to biuld it:y: image.jpg

Or a great tail cone for a 8" V-2

Here you go: the brand new 8" FW NC from Proline and the 8" V2 in my workshop...

Unfortuately you cannot use it, it does not fit with the scale proportions and..it would be way too heavy (and expensive) for a simple tail cone, bringing you in difficulties with the CP/CG ratio... better asking Gary for his beautifull regular 8" Gelcoat NCs and chopp it...

WP_20131012_002.jpg

Last edited:
8" 3:1 FWFG NC is in the works. Sorry no date yet but its on the front burner.

Awesome News Gary !! I have another project in mind were I need 3x of them in 3:1...for one rocket...you know how to take money from my pocket *lol*...

1660368257_f52f0f40bb.jpg

Okay, that' good enough for me... base on Scott's referral I ordered my Formula 200 today. I'll try it with the Gizmo XL DD doughnut av bay (just to see if it will work), but I ordered it with the 60" body (just in case it doesn't). Looks like a great kit, I especially like the filament wound nose cone.

My Formula 200 arrived today. And yes, the Gizmo donut av bay does fit perfectly, so with a quick av bay substitution (or a minor mod to the supplied av bay), 98-6GXL will indeed be an option for the stock body length. Good thing, too, as UPS managed to crack one end of my 60" tube so I'm gonna have to cut it shorter anyway.

IMG_4505.jpg

I'd be interested to see somebody that bought one of these do a build thread...

I can't lie - I just love how absurdly gigantic this rocket is. Maybe I'll start thinking about my L3....

Looks awesome Gary. I look forward to a launch report.

Hey Gary -

Nice looking rocket, sir!
Now finish my Arcas, would ya? :rolleyes:

Gary, considering the number of Very Large rockets you have....where on Earth do you store them all?!

....and that's gonna be one fun flight!

-Kevin

Kevin, my basement is FULL! There hanging from the ceiling, standing up, I made a rack for the wall etc etc. Oh and right now the F200 and Shape Shifter 5 are in my living room!

Last edited:
There's no way living room would fly in this household...

Gary - I got room in my storage room, let me know if you need me to hold onto anything for you to make some room ;-)

Kevin, my basement is FULL! There hanging from the ceiling, standing up, I made a rack for the wall etc etc. Oh and right now the F200 and Shape Shifter 5 are in my living room!

Gary, I'd love to see pictures of that basement!

As for the livingroom, you're either single or have a very understanding spouse.

-Kevin

Gary, I'd love to see pictures of that basement!

As for the livingroom, you're either single or have a very understanding spouse.

-Kevin

Gary is not single , he share his life with Kain

I finished mine this morning. It looks almost stock on the outside, except for the black band on the aft end, but it is completely customized on the inside. Nice kit!
Joe Z's Formula 200.jpg

My FORMULA 200 on a CTI N5600WT to 11,540'

[video=youtube_share;EqW7cwZ9xBk]https://youtu.be/EqW7cwZ9xBk?list=FLQ-geJiHPmaW2AUyjknCYLA[/video]

Back