Never give up

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tooth

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
PXL_20230323_030408516.jpg
The first week of November last year my wife and I were out launching half a dozen Micro Maxx rockets (she loves building them too). We had slightly better than a 50% recovery rate due to some fairly high grass, but it’s all good. After our launch this morning on our way back to the car we took a different path and walked right to my ASP Micro Corporal. Poor thing had been sitting there lawn darted for 20 weeks of Kansas winter.

The tail definitely took some abuse from the rain and snow, but it’s repairable. The Corporal will fly again!

Amen! Lost a WildChild after burying it upstairs. Searched three quadrants and gave up. Bugged me so much went out the next day looking. A German factory off road crew I had befriended the previous day had found it! Sometimes the rocket gods keep our offerings and sometimes they are so ugly they throw them back! In your case, looks like they appreciated all the work you did and gave it back out of respect. Straight smoke and good chutes!

Amen! Lost a WildChild after burying it upstairs. Searched three quadrants and gave up. Bugged me so much went out the next day looking. A German factory off road crew I had befriended the previous day had found it! Sometimes the rocket gods keep our offerings and sometimes they are so ugly they throw them back! In your case, looks like they appreciated all the work you did and gave it back out of respect. Straight smoke and good chutes!
Buried upstairs, that’s a good one.

took a different path and walked right to my ASP Micro Corporal. Poor thing had been sitting there lawn darted for 20 weeks of Kansas winter.

Ask it if it knows where mine went!?!

Good looking build to begin with, amazing for having been outside a whole winter.

I lost an upscaled Estes Star Snoop to a tree back in 2001, just before I was supposed to leave for NARAM. The following spring my son had a soccer practice at the same field, so I took a walk back to see if the rocket still hung there. Found the tree, located the nose cone, but not the body. I started going through the weeds below the tree and sure enough, found the body tube. The fins were basswood, and could actually have been reused. The body tube could have been used as firestarter, but the prodigious amounts of mouse poop would have likely caused an ecological disaster. Estes Star Snoop corpse.jpg

Back