Neubauer 1/30 Gemini Titan

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NBC NCO

Reaction score
I just received the Neubauer GT, I haven't started construction yet but plan on starting next weekend. Parts are excellent quality though I'm hesitant to say it's worth the $149.00 price tag. The kit comes with the following parts:

1 Gemini nose cone (resin cast) with screw eye installed
1 4" body tube
1 29 mm engine tube
4 1/8 ply center ring (1 with wire parachute anchor installed)
2 1/4" launch lugs
1 decal sheet
1 Parachute 50" and kevlar cord
3 3/16 ply laser cut fins
2 Resin cast display engine bells
1 Tube (hose) clamp

Capsule is very heavy, I haven't weighed it but would bet it weighs a pound.

Picture compares capsule to an Estes GT-3

I can't wait to see this one! Keep us updated. Oh, it's 29mm, right? I think....you should cluster it! Make it realistic...2 H220T's would make a nice, loud, fast, realistic looking boost. Heh. Keep us posted!

Marv, I plan on doing a detailed review with plenty of photos to be posted here and for RMR. Sorry but I won't be clustering it, I will build stock per Neubauers instructions until I see a "need" to make modifications. The instructions appear to be straight forward with the exception of the engine display unit. Kevin, from Discount Rocketry, is going to send me a couple high res photos to aid me in construction and finishing. Check back here next Saturday evening for the first posting.

I finally started construction on the GT late today, unfortunately a key part is missing. A 38mm tube used to assemble the fin unit is missing, I notified Kevin at Discount Rocketry and he is going to send one out on Monday. So far I assembeled the motor mount and filled in the body tube spiral. I will lay everything out tomorrow and post some photo's. Tomorrow I will assemble the engine display unit. The engine display unit is the most intricate part of the build, this is also where the instructions need a little more detail.

Joel

The GT is coming along nicely! Pictures show the progress. I am still waiting for Discount Rocketry to send me the part to assemble the fin unit. The motor mount isn't glued in as of yet because instructions call for it to be flush with the bottum of the body tube, I want to recess it a bit so that the engine display assembelly top ring sits flush with the bottum of the body tube, but before I can do that I have to make sure the fin assembelly will fit the way it should.

https://groups.msn.com/ModelRocketPage/shoebox.msnw

Back