Nerrf Info / Update 6/1/2005

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbyb

Reaction score
Hi All

T-16 days and counting to NERRF , WE ARE GO FO LAUNCH at this time..

We are in need of 3 things.

1-Range volunteers, With an event of this scale it takes many people to run the range. Please EMAIL “DOC” at [email protected] with what range duty you can assist with. Just give him a day and a one hour time slot… YES spectators CAN volunteer. We will train. RSO slots are the ONLY position that needs a L2 or L3 CERT.

2-Range SET-UP and tear down volunteers set-up is Thursday from 9-5. yes you get to park early if you help set up. Please email [email protected] if you can help set up Thursday and / or teardown Sunday.

3-PRE REGISTRATION https://nerrf.com we need you to PRE register.. its FREE… PRE registration will help make the event a success. We are planning the launch rods around pre registration.

As of late I have been fielding many question regarding the upcoming NERRF launch. The following is a "one stop" info sheet about NERRF as hosted on the METRA field. If you have additional questions Please review the www.nerrf.com website first and if you still have questions email me directly at [email protected]

I hope to see you all there.
Bobby B
METRA PRES

Set up Schedule
Thursday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
All those who help set up get to park early
Vendors can set up on Thursday also
Email [email protected] if you can help set up.

Launch Day Schedules
[ subject to change depending on field conditions and weather]

Friday June 17, 2005
Setup: 8:00am - 9:00am [ vendors 7:00 am ]
Flyers meeting: 9:00am- 9:15am
Flight Time: 9:15am - 5:30pm [ 5:30 Last Rack of the day loaded ]
Teardown: After last rack is fired.

Saturday June 18, 2005
Flyers meeting: 9:00am - 9:15am
Teardown: After last rack is fired

Sunday June 19, 2005
Flyers meeting: 9:00am - 9:15am
Teardown: After last rack is fired

Range and Vendor setup
Thursday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fliers who help set up the range Thursday may park and leave their tents / trailers on the field. If you are interested in helping to set up on Thursday please contact Bob Buchalski [email protected]

PARKING
As we are expecting MANY vehicles we will be parking "tail in" with your tent table etc placed at the back of your vehicle facing the range. There will be 2 rows of parked vehicles with access between the rows and a main access road. The amateur radio group will be parking cars "tail in" and 3ft apart. [ BE nice to them or we will donate your car to the next MASTER BLASTER series ] Yes it will be tight but we have limited parking space...
[ estimated 200 spaces. ] Please cooperate and be courteous with your doors. There will be plenty of room fore and aft for tents, chairs etc..

Trailers
If you have a trailer, the trailer gets a parking spot next to your vehicle , yes 3ft away or just enough to open your side door safely , If the trailer takes up more space than a car you will have to unload it and park it down range.... [ Don't panic unless your towing a 20 ft monster.... ] If you are towing a 20+ ft unit please contact me [email protected] and we can discuss parking.

YES you may leave cars, tents, trailers on the field for the duration of the event. We encourage this as it will reduce traffic and congestion. You are responsible for securing your belongings, no one will be watching your stuff.

RV’s OK so you decided to bring the house with you…. Nice of you to stop at EVERY gas station in NY and donate to the tax man… Thanks… We are going to be parking RV’s at the far end of the range in order to allow them to pull in and out. Same format as the cars “tail in” except the tent goes along side… We have LIMITED space for large RV’s so please email [email protected] with your specific RV size and the dates you wish to attend. There are NO guaranteed RV spaces if we run out of room, you can set up a tent on the field and park the house down the road… Sorry…. NO OVERNIGHT PARKING FOR RV’s.

Important info concerning certification flights
All certification flights MUST be prearranged with the Prefect. If you are interested in a Level 1 or 2 certification, please contact Ray Chabot. L3 Certs must be prearranged with your TAP or L3CC committee.

DIRECTIONS
Route 84 East to NY exit 3E ----> RT 17M East {---->1.1 Mi.} {traffic light} make right onto Route 12 [Soons Orchard signs] {----> 6.2 Mi.} look for short, wide gray grain silo with no other farm buildings around it on your left, make the left turn just after the silo & drive straight into the field about 3/4 mile go over the one lane bridge and turn right, & YOUR THERE! Obey local speed limits, please don't feed the bears.....yield to ANY farm equipment on the launch site, this is a working farm and the farmers have the right of way.

Route 84 West to NY exit 3E ----> RT 17M East {---->1.2 Mi.} {traffic light} make right onto route 12 [Soons Orchard signs] {----> 6.2 Mi.} look for short, wide gray grain silo with no other farm buildings around it on your left, make the left turn just after the silo & drive straight into the field about 3/4 mile go over the one lane bridge and turn right, & YOUR THERE! Obey local speed limits, please don't feed the bears.....PLEASE yield to ANY farm equipment on the launch site, this is a working farm and the farmers have the right of way.

NYS Thruway South to Exit 17----> Route 84 West to NY exit 3E ----> Route 17M East {---->1.1 Mi.} {traffic light} make right onto Route 12 [Soons Orchard signs] {----> 6.2 Mi.} look for short, wide gray grain silo with no other farm buildings around it on your left, make the left turn just after the silo & drive straight into the field about 3/4 mile go over the one lane bridge and turn right, & YOUR THERE! Obey local speed limits, please don't feed the bears.....PLEASE yield to ANY farm equipment on the launch site, this is a working farm and the farmers have the right of way.

Route 81 South Route 84 East to NY exit 3E ----> RT 17M East {---->1.1 Mi.} {traffic light} make right onto Route 12 [Soons Orchard signs] {----> 6.2 Mi.} look for short, wide gray grain silo with no other farm buildings around it on your left, make the left turn just after the silo & drive straight into the field about 3/4 mile go over the one lane bridge and turn right, & YOUR THERE! Obey local speed limits, please don't feed the bears.....yield to ANY farm equipment on the launch site, this is a working farm and the farmers have the right of way.

Rt 17 East to Route 84 West to NY exit 3E ----> RT 17M East {---->1.2 Mi.} {traffic light} make right onto route 12 [Soons Orchard signs] {----> 6.2 Mi.} look for short, wide gray grain silo with no other farm buildings around it on your left, make the left turn just after the silo & drive straight into the field about 3/4 mile go over the one lane bridge and turn right, & YOUR THERE! Obey local speed limits, please don't feed the bears.....PLEASE yield to ANY farm equipment on the launch site, this is a working farm and the farmers have the right of way.

NYS Thruway North to exit 16 [ Harriman ] ----> Route 17 West to exit 123 [Goshen] ----> Route 17M West {---->3.4 Mi.} {traffic light} make left onto route 12 [Soons Orchard signs] {----> 6.2 Mi.} look for short wide gray grain silo with no other farm buildings around it on your left, make the left turn just after the silo & drive straight into the field about 3/4 mile go over the one lane bridge and turn right, & YOUR THERE!. Obey local speed limits, please don't feed the bears.....PLEASE yield to ANY farm equipment on the launch site, this is a working farm and the farmers have the right of way.

Rt 95 North [ New Jersey Turnpike ] to RT 80 WEST [ LOCAL Lanes, right lane after the turnpike] to RT 17 North to Rt 87 [ New York State Thruway ] to exit 16 [ Harriman ] ----> Route 17 West to exit 123 [Goshen] ----> Route 17M West {---->3.4 Mi.} {traffic light} make left onto route 12 [Soons Orchard signs] {----> 6.2 Mi.} look for short wide gray grain silo with no other farm buildings around it on your left, make the left turn just after the silo & drive straight into the field about 3/4 mile go over the one lane bridge and turn right, & YOUR THERE!. Obey local speed limits, please don't feed the bears.....PLEASE yield to ANY farm equipment on the launch site, this is a working farm and the farmers have the right of way

From: MARYLAND / DELAWARE Area via the NJ Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway.
Rt 95 North [ New Jersey Turnpike ] to the Garden state parkway North to the New York State Thruway North to exit 16 [ Harriman ] ----> Route 17 West to exit 123 [Goshen] ----> Route 17M West {---->3.4 Mi.} {traffic light} make left onto route 12 [Soons Orchard signs] {----> 6.2 Mi.} look for short wide gray grain silo with no other farm buildings around it on your left, make the left turn just after the silo & drive straight into the field about 3/4 mile go over the one lane bridge and turn right, & YOUR THERE!. Obey local speed limits, please don't feed the bears.....PLEASE yield to ANY farm equipment on the launch site, this is a working farm and the farmers have the right of way.

Lodging [ ALL hotels are 20 min or less to the field…. From the Marriot and Hampton take 17 West to RT 84 West and follow the FROM CONNECTICUT directions above. From the DAYS INN turn right out of the parking lot and follow the FROM CONNECTICUT directions from RT 17M east]

Marriot Court Yard
845-695-0606
Booked 10 rooms at 134.95 per night [ RACK is 149.95 ]
Min 2 night stay over a weekend.
Reserved under “Rocket Launch CODE NERS”
https://marriott.com/property/propertypage/swfcy

Hampton Inn
20 Crystal Run Crossing
Middletown, New York, United States, 10941
1-845-344-3400
Reserved under NERRF
https://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp...I4KYI1NKIECSGBIYM22QKIYFCXUUC?ctyhocn=MLTNYHX

Days Inn Middletown
Rte. 17M, PO Box 279
New Hampton, N.Y. 10958
Phone: (845) 374-2411
Reserved under NERRF
https://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/con...=DI&p_country=US&p_state=NY&p_city=Middletown

Camping
Still working on these contacts as of 6/1/2005, zero returned calls. From my messages… Stay tuned… I will update shortly….
There will be NO flier camping on the field.

Vendors Please contact Bob Buchalski [email protected] if you wish to be a vendor. There are no vendor fees.

Fliers, yes there will be onsite vendors BUT if there is something you have to have to fly, preorder it…. and it will be there , at an event of this size, items sell out fast, in particular motors………… See the www.nerrf vendor page for who will be there and on what days….

There will be food vendors onsite. Including a Boy Scout troop which is selling food to raise money for their troop.

Porto lavs will be strategically placed… 4 total They are scheduled for service on Sat and Sun Mornings…

Range Rules and launch format
OK here is where it gets a tad complicated, but not really……
METRA has secured a General liability policy to protect the landowner, club members etc from an accident. METRA officers and many fliers carry umbrella policies to protect themselves in the event of an accident. TRA insurance will NOT be in effect for this launch.
NAR insurance is secondary NOT primary, so weather its in effect or not is a moot point, This GL policy allows METRA to fly both EX and commercial motors at the same launch.

All other TRA rules are followed, you need to be a current NAR or TRA member certed to the level you wish to fly, an FAA waiver will be in effect. [ 12,000 ft ] M impulse limit, As a courtesy to the FAA we call in ALL flights over 5000 ft. advise the RSO of all flights over 5000 ft.
Launch fees 25.00 for all 3 days OR. 10.00 per day. ALL adult and HPR fliers must pay the launch fee. [ NO exceptions ] children fly free on the LPR pads.
Rods and rails… YES we have them all.. pre registration will greatly influence the rod rail decisions we make when setting up the range.. if your not pre registered DO IT NOW…. Http://nerrf.com

Hybrids… YES you can fly hybrids but BYOG [ Bring Your Own Gear]

NO BOOZE and NO BURN OUTS sorry to spoil your fun…. Keep the beer in the cooler until you get back to your hotel and keep the tires rolling no dust please….

Bobby,

Thank you for this update. LOTS of critical information here.

We (FlisKits) will probably not be able to show up till mid morning on Friday as Kathy has to work Thursday night.

Hold a spot for me if you can :)

jim

if you need somone to drag stuff back in sunday me and mom will of course be there doing so with her usual... over ambitious attitude, if you would, no chance we can show up friday, regents

Just one question, I am coming in Saturday, hope to be there in time for the 9 am flyers meeting but is it a problem if I get there after it's over, as in will we still be able to launch? It is a long drive for me but I'm gonna try and get my son up early and get on the road as early as possible.

Glenn

There is a $6,392.18 surcharge if you miss the flyer's meeting. ;)

Alternatively you can pay for all propellant used by the planning comittee...;) ;)

Actually, sign up for a volunteer shift and all will be forgiven.:p

Well $6392.18 seems a bit steep but I guess I can swing it if need be. :eek:

Seriously, I have no problem signing up for a volunteer shift for an hour, my only concern is that I'll be there with my son who is 6, so if there is a job I can do that either he can do with me or that I can still keep an eye on him, I'll be happy to!

Glenn

I am sure you can be accomodated. Either one of my club's rocket widows can watch him or I am sure some task can be found that allows you to keep the little guy in check. Drop a note to Doc ([email protected]) with your offer & concern.

A

I'm sure it is in front of me somewhere, but we were encouraged to contact Ray Chabot to set up certification flights (L2, in my case). Does anyone know how to get in touch with him?

I found out there is a counter on the top of the page that shows the numbers registered. That is a good turnout!

Totals as of 6-8-05 18:00
Adults 118
Children 69
Spectators 100

I will be there :). Got my Magnum repairs going on, and adding dual deploy to my Aurora. Super Glotova is itching to go on a H123 and 2x G64 in the booster, staging to a H144!

Wonderig if I could bring my Super Pad? It is a rail pad that the rail can tilt all the way to horizontal, which makes setting up rockets like the Super Glotova so much easier.

Go ahead and bring your pad, however the launch organizers will take no responsibility for any damage that may occur should you choose to share it with others.

Al

Back