NERRF 8 - June 22 - 24, 2012

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a great time yesterday. Tried a re-loadable for the first time (thanks pro-x), engine great - my math failed... - but the baron will be rebuilt. Picked up a couple of new fliskits as well (along with the book). Looking forward to future events! -PG

Day 2 was great with lots of flights but not as many as I expected. Picture perfect weather and NO lines!

Here's a photo from today, with even better weather :)

I've gotten lots of flights in but I landed my Proto Tesla in the swamp river and it's toast... :( but I have new Proto parts for the next phase Proto so keep watch at LDRS for its debut!

Hope sales pick up. Lol

image-543990045.jpg

NERRF was fantastic! Friday was a bit hot/humid, but the weather Sat & Sun was perfect.

My son and I got lots of flights in, including 2 of my new 7.5" scale Little John on an EX M1770 Purple to ~7700' and an EX M1500 sparky to ~6000'. Both were very nice flights. Here's a shot of the purple. If anyone got one of the sparky, I'd love to get it - please PM me.
LittleJohnPurple.jpg

I'd like to thank everyone who turned out to make this such a great launch, and especially to those who were willing to help out during the launch setting up/taking down equipment and manning the various field jobs! Also thanks to all the vendors who came, providing so many opportunities to empty my wallet.

Last edited:
Lots of high flights - I lost count how many I called in - but thanks to the LCO's who got them all off quickly when I said "push the button"

Lots of certs: I did 4 level 1's and 5 level 2's
Al did a level 2
I know that Robert DeHate did at least 2 level 2's and 2 level 3's

Congrats to all the people who certified at Red Glare!

rick

ps I even got to fly 1 rocket a day!

I certified my L2 and plan on my L3 for next year. My GF got her L1 certification and went to 5,689' and broke mach one! Since she was level one I got her a Darkstar Junior as a step up so she could fly more L1 motors. Not sure how it happened, But now she is signed up as a flyer for LDRS 31 and has a Pro 38 6 grain and a J410 for her L2! I got to fly two K's and two I's So I had a pretty good launch. My Girlfriend actually had a CATO on her second launch on an SU motor. No damage!

Yes, Andy it was mine on the AMW M2200. Awesome motor. Kenny at Performance Hobbies has three of these bad boys left. There aren't that many left in circulation. Look him up at LDRS to pick one up!!

OK, After thinking about it on the way home. Where can I get one of those NERF Rockets?

Ray,
Rocket's mag asked us to do another drag race of them at LDRS.
If you are there stop by the AMW trailer and pick one up.

Robert

Can't make it to LDRS. :sad: Maybe some year.

So it was AMW who has them? I wonder if I can get one from their site.

Thanks.

Got my photo album up! You can view it by following This Link!

Enjoy! If you know the names of any of the rockets, their owners or the motor, drop me an email and I will see about finding time to update it :)

jim

Robert and jrogers, it's good to know there are more of these bad boys out there. I have heard past comments about the growl the motor makes is like no other skid. I just had to fly one. It lived up to all expectations and did not disappoint. ;)

NERRF 8 was a great weekend. I had 5 spectacular flights over the 3 days. On Friday, I flew my Big Nuke on a J410 Red Lightning. It was a great flight and it reached 1860 feet. I then flew my Whild Child on a Road Runner F60. At the push of the button, the Wild Child scooted off the pad and landed quite aways away (thanks Tim Lehr for the tip on how to fly it next time). On Saturday, with the few high altitude windows available, I put my Big Nuke 3E , "Family Affair", up on a M1500 Mojave Green. It landed about 1 1/2 miles away. The final altitude was 8962 feet. It took me an hour and a half to find it. Thank you Darrin and Mike for helping me bring back the project. After some much needed water and food, I got a little bored, so I put my Vulcanite up on a G61 for some fun. The rocket didn't land too far. On Sunday, I put the Vulcanite up once again on a G118 Blue Streak for a fast flight. This time, the rocket landed right next to the speakers.

First NERRF I've missed, but it was my daughter's high school graduation that weekend.

Drew

I certified my L2 and plan on my L3 for next year. My GF got her L1 certification and went to 5,689' and broke mach one! Since she was level one I got her a Darkstar Junior as a step up so she could fly more L1 motors. Not sure how it happened, But now she is signed up as a flyer for LDRS 31 and has a Pro 38 6 grain and a J410 for her L2! I got to fly two K's and two I's So I had a pretty good launch. My Girlfriend actually had a CATO on her second launch on an SU motor. No damage!

I remember those flights. Your GF's cert flight was a no-blink flight. I did see that CATO on the second flight. I am happy to hear there was no damage. I recall your K Skidmark flight. How hig that one go? I lost track of it. Your GF will love the J410. I flew one on Day one of NERRF.

My K Skidmark hit 5,187' and 500 MPH, I flew a K490 the day after to 5,300 in a different rocket, drag raced my darkstar jr on an I180 skid and them flew my Crayon on an I161W

Back