NERRF 5 -- August 14, 15, 16, 2009 at Pine Island, NY

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgreenapple

Reaction score
NERRF 5 will be held August 14-16, 2009 at METRA’s Pine Island, NY field.
The location is the same enormous sod farm as the last four NERRF Launches.

The Pine Island Turf farm offers a 2 mile square recovery area of farmland
Accessible from all the North Eastern US -- it is only 65 miles northwest of NY City.

Please stay in touch with developments at https://nerrf.org/.

Also, note that as part of the NERRF Economic Stimulus Package, the 3 Day Registration Fee will be ONLY $20 !!

Thanks and we're looking forward to seeing you there.

I'm there, without a doubt. I have been to NERRF 1-4, and I can't imagine a better field. (unless I had huge $$$, and GPS tracking, at a SW desert launch...)

There's much more detail about hotels on the NERRF website, but here's some quick highlights from the OUTSTANDING work done by Bobby B of Hangar-11...

Hotel

Marriot Courtyard
$99.95
Code: METRA
25% Off Coupon
845-695-0606

Hampton Inn
$109.00
Code: NEF
845-344-3400

Holiday Inn
$110.00
Code: NRF
845- 343-1474

Days Inn
845-374-2411

Korns Campground
$5.00 Off Regular rate
Code: Rocket
845 386-3433

Howard Johnson
$56.25

Code: NERRF ASSOCIATION
845-342-5822

NOTE:

1- Blocked rooms have a DEADLINE for booking, rooms not booked from that block on or before the Deadline go back to the current rack rate which is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than the negotiated rates.

2- Each hotel has its own check-in / check-out time AND cancellation policy. Inquire about this when you make your reservation.

3- Hotels with a Blocked / Deadline of 0/0 are first come first serve. NO Blocked rooms and NO Deadline.

Preferred hotels:

The Marriott Courtyard has partnered with METRA and offers METRA fliers the $99.95 rate with 25% off breakfast for the entire 2009 season.

The Hampton Inn has been supporting METRA for years with a preferred rate, This 2009 METRA rate is $114.00 and includes breakfast.

Can't beat HoJo's for 56 bucks a night. They're usually good rooms, so it should be fine. And they take pets.

This is quite tempting :) I'm about 2 hours away and i haven't been to any HPR launches. Also, this would probably be a good place for me to try to get L1 certified. I think i have to plan to go to this.

Chris

I will actually be able to go this year. I missed the last couple years because it ended up the same weekend as a family event.

The NERRF Website is heating up with information. We're almost ready to allow onlilne pre-registration and payment through PayPal. It's only a couple of days away.

NERRF prep is going well and the hotels are wrapped up, T-Shirts are being ordered, Vendors are mostly lined up and the BBQ is almost set.

Looking forward to seeing you there on a hot, dry August day. Skidmarks? Maybe not....

this will be my first big launch outside of the CMASS launches. I am finishing up a 4" fantom right now hoping to launch it at NERRF and maybe get my lvl one while I am there as well, who knows. Sounds like it is a blast (no pun intended):D

The NERRF Website is heating up with information. We're almost ready to allow onlilne pre-registration and payment through PayPal. It's only a couple of days away.

NERRF prep is going well and the hotels are wrapped up, T-Shirts are being ordered, Vendors are mostly lined up and the BBQ is almost set.

Looking forward to seeing you there on a hot, dry August day. Skidmarks? Maybe not....

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me you're getting something larger than a 3X in tshirts... I'd like to get some this year. 5X's would be good.

5XL T shirts -- hmmm.... Robert Hilton is arranging it. It may well be that we'll get it, but Robert has to make the call....

The online registration is almost live. We've tested it through a couple of times and it's almost there. Hang in, then SIGN IN AND REGISTER!

THANKS

NERRF 5 registration is NOW ONLINE!

Please go to www.nerrf.org and register today for 3 days of rocket launching fun.

Registration is only $20 for adult and Jr. L1 fliers, and free for kids and spectators.

A delicious Barbecue is on for Saturday night and is also only $20 per person.

Please don't forget to volunteer to help the launch run smoothly.

Many thanks to Boris for completely designing and building the new NERRF website, with online registration. THANKS!!!!!

Sign in, Sign up, Join NERRF for 2009.

Come back to the website and here regularly for updates and more information. NERRF T-Shirts will be added to the online purchasing process shortly.

No 5XL t-shirts listed.

Oh well, I tried. Nothing I'm not used to. Heck, my own club did it to me.

No 5XL t-shirts listed.

What color NERRF Tshirt do you want?

It is my understanding that white may be the easiest for us to handle special orders, but please let me know your preference(s).

I saw your post previously, and will try to get you a 5XL NERRF Tshirt.

Sort of a Motor case grease brown with soot colored blotches and an odd mix of ketchup red and mustard yellow highlights would be nice!

I am having a tough time deciding between fuchsia and burnt umber. I'm rather disappointed that there won't be any NERRF leotards.

Last edited:
Sort of a Motor case grease brown with soot colored blotches and an odd mix of ketchup red and mustard yellow highlights would be nice!

Just mustard. I don't use ketchup, much.

However, BBQ sauce reddish brown would be great.

It is my understanding that white may be the easiest for us to handle special orders, but please let me know your preference(s).

I saw your post previously, and will try to get you a 5XL NERRF Tshirt.

White would be great. If red is possible, that would be good as well.

Thanks Boris!

No 5XL t-shirts listed.

I just verified that I can get 4X and 5X for white, black and ash gray shirts only (no on the yellow and blue). I will make sure that the NERRF folks are aware of this but it will be up to them to put that up on the site as I have no control over that.

The shirt cost at those sizes may go up (again, it's up to the NERRF folks how they do the pricing.)

Hope this helps and keep watch! :)

jim

I just verified that I can get 4X and 5X for white, black and ash gray shirts only (no on the yellow and blue). I will make sure that the NERRF folks are aware of this but it will be up to them to put that up on the site as I have no control over that.

The shirt cost at those sizes may go up (again, it's up to the NERRF folks how they do the pricing.)

Hope this helps and keep watch! :)

jim

Jim, you rule! Thanks!

Jim,
Thanks for the additional info on sizes and colors.

Mystical Rockets,
Of the three colors Jim listed, is white still your perference?

If you go the the NERRF website and order a 2XL shirt, I will record the order as 5XL. I do need to know some or all of your your real name so I can recognize the order. The NERRF committee decided to make all shirts the same price for simplicity.

NERRF 5 is up to 14 online registrations.

Tshirts are selling, now that they are available online in 5 colors and many sizes.

Well, now that LDRS is over (Couldn't go. Could only afford one this year and chose NERRF), time to knuckle under and get those special projects done.

Registration will be in this week sometime.

I registered for NERRF last week. Ordered parts this week. Hope to go for my level 2!

Jim S

We're seeing lots of very good activity on the website with online registration for NERRF.

Please register online in advance. It makes it better for you and better for us. Your registration packet will be waiting when you walk up and you won't have to wait in line or hassle with cash transactions.

THANKS!

Back