Quantcast

NEFAR visit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Pepe Le Pew

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday my friend and fellow rocketeer Humberto and I attended the NEFAR (Northeast Florida Association of Rocketry). We were surprised by the amount of people in attendance and the organization of the launch! Kudos to those making it happen. I witnessed Tim Cubbage's L3 successful flight attempt, congrats to Tim and the folks that helped.

After more than 40 years as a model aviator and low-mid power rocketeer, I am taking a serious look at giving L1 an attempt! Thanks also to one vendor that had everything I needed and great service too, I did not get his name, sorry. Between Humberto, Mike and I we have more than 50 rockets and plan to join NEFAR soon!

See you there is you can make it!
Joser:smile:

hcmbanjo

Reaction score

timbucktoo

Staff member
TRF Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
Hey Joser, that was Bernie. He's at every launch. There's usually 2 other vendors but for whatever reason they didn't show. Guess they were expecting a small turnout yesterday, which it was.
Hope to see you at more launches. It's a great site and lots of friendly people!

Pepe Le Pew

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you Bernie!
Yes, it is a very well run operation. We will be joining!

crossfire

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
What was the motor from the June launch with the big fire ball at lift off? I don't think I ever saw that much fire at the pad

timbucktoo

Staff member
TRF Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
The guy who launched it places a steal bucket of flour on the blast pad. Any motor will ignite it. He did it again yesterday!

crossfire

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have to try that.

crossfire

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Its on the clubs site under the June 2016 launch. Very cool.

rharshberger

Reaction score
He adds a little more than flour in there also. Very cool affect.
What else would need to be added, flour once airborne is extremely flammable? There have been a number of grain elevator explosions over the years from just such a phenomenon.

jadebox

Roger Smith
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
After more than 40 years as a model aviator and low-mid power rocketeer, I am taking a serious look at giving L1 an attempt! Thanks also to one vendor that had everything I needed and great service too, I did not get his name, sorry. Between Humberto, Mike and I we have more than 50 rockets and plan to join NEFAR soon!
Sorry that we missed it. We try to make it to all of the ROCK (Orlando) and NEFAR launches. But, sometimes, life makes other plans. It appears, though, that we'll get the chance to meet you at a future launch.

-- Roger (and Bracha)

Andy Greene

Reaction score
Sorry that we missed it. We try to make it to all of the ROCK (Orlando) and NEFAR launches. But, sometimes, life makes other plans. It appears, though, that we'll get the chance to meet you at a future launch.

-- Roger (and Bracha)
Hoping you guys can make it over to the Buc Blast at TTRA next weekend Roger, its been a while.

jadebox

Roger Smith
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hoping you guys can make it over to the Buc Blast at TTRA next weekend Roger, its been a while.
Unfortunately, we probably won't be able to make it for the same reason that we missed the NEFAR launch.

-- Roger

timbucktoo

Staff member
TRF Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
Here's a photo from yesterday with same effect with flour.
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1473650663.211743.jpg

Andy Greene

Reaction score
Was a Pleasure to meet you today, glad you guys made it over. Small world huh ??? :wink:
At least the Hawk flew well, I had really hoped to fly the Nike as well- next time :facepalm:
https://youtu.be/FkKplHpjaY8

Last edited:

Pepe Le Pew

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Andy, I had a great time and the Hawk flew beautifully! See you guys soon, now back to sanding balsa fins!!