NEFAR Snow!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadebox

Roger Smith
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
We're sitting in the van at the NEFAR launch in Florida watching the snow melt on the windshield! Brrr!

A few guys at SEARS launched today, as well. I'm in North West Fla, on the coast, and it was 22 this morning. I can only imagine how it felt in Ala. They are 'die hards' like ya'll. Haven't heard how the launch went, yet. How much snow did you get?

Gary
Sears572

A few guys at SEARS launched today, as well. I'm in North West Fla, on the coast, and it was 22 this morning. I can only imagine how it felt in Ala. They are 'die hards' like ya'll. Haven't heard how the launch went, yet. How much snow did you get?

It was very light. If we weren't looking for it, we might have missed it. :)

But ... it ... was ... cold!

-- Roger

Great pics Roger! Chris was telling me he would have stayed longer, but you wimped out. I don't buy that for a minute with the way his hands were shivering!

We're sitting in the van at the NEFAR launch in Florida watching the snow melt on the windshield! Brrr!
Into every launch a little snow must fall. I've got a couple of feet of it sitting on my roof -- anyone want some?

MarkII
+5° F in Tupper Lake right now -- yup, winter's here. If it's going to stay that cold, I may actually have to put on a coat when I go outside.

Ok, that's funny! Tripoli Indiana has a launch coming up on the 24th. We're HOPING for 35 degrees!

Ok, that's funny! Tripoli Indiana has a launch coming up on the 24th. We're HOPING for 35 degrees!

Sometimes I think that I'd rather face the occassional hurricane than deal with cold .... :)

On the other hand, you can put more clothes on to deal with the cold and there's only so much you can take off when it's hot. My wife and I skipped a few launches this year because it was unusually hot this summer.

-- Roger

Last edited:
As long as it's not too cold. Then your hands don't work very well and your fingers really hurt. Kind of like you had whacked each fingertip with a hammer. But eventually you (sort of) get used to that. ;)

When you inhale, the snot in your nose freezes. It's an experience not to be missed. :p

MarkII

Back