Needed Fin Can Details for IQSY Tomahawk

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WFWalby

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for dimensioned drawings and/or photos detailing the fin mounting 'panels' used by IQSY Tomahawks. ROW just gives number of bolts and general outline. Any help greatly appreciated.
William

Those pictures are a Tomahawk, but not the IQSY Tomahawk. Different fin can attachment. By the way, G. Harry Stine would put a slight error in his scale drawings so that he could catch people claiming them as their own.
The NAR Technical Services drawings were done by Jim Coffey. I had half-scale blueprints of the IQSY Tomahawk. I loaned them out and the second time they never came back. I did make a couple of photocopies of the important parts.
I have a page out of an Aviation Week issue decades ago that was a Thiokol advertisement. There is a small picture of a black Tomahawk with what appear to be white fin shrouds. It looks like by the fins in white it says "Astro-Met" and near the nose it looks like "IQSY Tomahawk-1". Sort of hard to read due to the small image. If I recall correctly, the first flight failed due to the fins burning off.

Chas

One of the NAR Tech Services drawings.

Attachments

• IQSY Tomahawk Payload Section.jpg
    IQSY Tomahawk Payload Section.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 45
Did the UTE Tomahawk use the same fin can as IQSY version?
Edit: found this brochure in my files

Attachments

• UTE_PAIUTE_Tomahawk.JPG
    UTE_PAIUTE_Tomahawk.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IQSY_Tomahawk.pdf
    384.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back