Need some ideas on selling a double decker bus

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markschnell

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I need some info and thought somebody here might be able to help me. My step-father has an old double decker bus from England that he wants to sell. It's one of those old red vintage ones like you see in the movies.

Anyway, he is going to pay me a commission if I sell it for him. Any ideas on how to sell one of those. Of course, Ebay motors is a good starting point but does anyone else have any ideas about companies that specialize in selling them, etc.?

Possibly do a search using "double decker bus" as a search term and find tour operators that are already using them?

Ditto on what John said..Thought crossed my mind last night when I read the post..I know the tour company in Savannah was looking at getting some double decker buses but they are too tall IIRC on why they didn't purchase any.

Try Hemmings Motor News If you can't sell it there, you can't sell it.

They have everything listed. I just did a quick search for 1970 Chevelle, because I had one once, and they have 57 listed from $3k to $200K.

If you can't sell the bus, I bet you can buy another through Hemmings and start a collection. :D And you thought HPR was expensive.

Not helpful, I know but my mind immediately said Mythbusters and big motors.:eyepop:

What about one of those Hollyweird companies that keeps fleets of oddball vehicles and rents them out for movie productions? They might be interested....

Cut the top of the bus off.
Install the roof and simply sell as a single decker bus:bangpan:
:cheers:

Back