Need some help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelltym88

Reaction score
I'm looking to clone the Estes Yellow Jacket. But as is the case with the newer kits the instructions don't say type of nose cone it is. Although I have the measurements from Jim Z I want to be sure I get the correct cone. It has a BT-50 and the NC is 4 1/16" long.What would be the correct cone to get? Thanx.

Current projects: Cloning my brains out!!!

The yellow jacket uses the PNC-50YR - the same cone that comes in the Monarch, Nova Payloader, or probably the PNC-50 Nose Cone set (you'll probably get 2 or 3). My recommendation is to buy a Nova Payloader for the cone. Then, you've got a clear BT-50 to clone an X-Ray with as well! (hey, I really like the old X-Ray; thought I'd get in a plug!)

This valuable info can be found in the Nose Cone Reference that John Brohm put together. You can download it from the YORs site: https://www.rocketshoppe.com/info/Estes_Nose_Cone_Reference_sm.pdf

It lists most rockets, past and present by body tube size and catalog number. Very handy!

Greg

Thank you Greg, I think that list will prove to be very handy.;) :)

Back