Need sims for PML Endeavor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astrowolf67

Reaction score
Could someone run a a few sims for me on a PML Endeavor, quantum tube version, weighing in at roughly 90 ounces minus motor. I need altitude, and delay times
Here's the motors I need sims on,

H268
I211
I285
I300

Thanks a bunch!!

You are looking at around 10 sec delays on most of those motors.
Not sure about the H268.
Factor in launch conditions on the CTI motor and adjust delay accordingly.
I flew my Endeavour on an I366 with a medium delay. Awesome flight.

Yes, it´s all around 10 seconds delay. The I285 4 grain is 11 seconds. Altitude is 2600 to 3100 ft...

cheers,
Oli4

astrowolf67,

BTW, you can download wRasp for free and it does a decent job of simming available kits for altitude and delay recommendations. Just adjust the weight to your actual weight. Go to https://www.wrasp.com.

Also, did you know about the PML Motor Recommendations chart available at https://www.publicmissiles.com/specs.asp ? Although your weight is a a bit over stock, this page will give you side-by-side comparisons of how your rocket will perform with different motors. The sims provided are based upon optimal flying conditions and the as-designed weights, so are all very optimistic, and IMHO the listed delays are usually a bit too long. To find out what the as-designed weight is, the Kit Specs chart will provide that information. For comparison, though, I flew my Endeavor which weighs about 120 oz. two weeks ago on a K550 and it went to 7305' which is higher than the list sim altitude. I guess something about optimal mass for that motor came into play there. :D

HTH, --Lance.

Thanks for all the input!! I just wanted to make sure I didn't need to order some delay kits along with the motors.

I've chosen the I211 for it's maiden flight. Mainly because I'm a White Lightening fan. I don't know when, or where that will take place, but I can't wait.

Back