Need Robart UFO Glider Decal Scan

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyd

Old Rocketeer
Reaction score
HELP! Launched my G powered Dual Glider, at our last club launch. One Glider caught a thermal, and left for the home planet. I was able to find the US copy, for a replacement, but would like to get a scan of the original decals.

The original was made my Robarts, and was one of their "Top Gun" series. The replacement, are Guillows.
https://www.rchobbies.net/product.php?productid=22773&cat=1428&page=1

Any help would be appreciated!

Sorry Bob, it was the blue one!

Mike D.

IM000262.JPG

Last edited:
I was able to scan my set. Unfortunately it is too large to load as an attachment. Also with the instructions printed on the back, they bleed through to the decal image.

Still, it may be better than nothing.

feel free to pm me

Last edited:
HELP! Launched my G powered Dual Glider, at our last club launch. One Glider caught a thermal, and left for the home planet. I was able to find the US copy, for a replacement, but would like to get a scan of the original decals.

The original was made my Robarts, and was one of their "Top Gun" series. The replacement, are Guillows.
https://www.rchobbies.net/product.php?productid=22773&cat=1428&page=1

Any help would be appreciated!

Sorry Bob, it was the blue one!

Mike D.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not the blue one!

I guess you'll have to replace it with the F-117 and brush up on your stick skills!

Bob

I was able to scan my set. Unfortunately it is too large to load as an attachment. Also with the instructions printed on the back, they bleed through to the decal image.

Still, it may be better than nothing.

feel free to pm me

Thanks Jeffrey, PM sent Would it help to put something dark behind it to scan? This might cover up the dark printing of the instructions.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not the blue one!

I guess you'll have to replace it with the F-117 and brush up on your stick skills!

I suggest not. I once tried a twin combo of one UFO glider and one F-117. There was an unexpected amount of unequal lift caused by the combo, making the rocket pitch badly. The only thing that saved it was that it also rolled slowly, so it was a very wild barrel-roll flight. After that, I replaced the F-117 with a second UFO glider, and it boosted straight.

I'd show pics but my website is offline right now (coming back soon).

- George Gassaway

I suggest not. I once tried a twin combo of one UFO glider and one F-117. There was an unexpected amount of unequal lift caused by the combo, making the rocket pitch badly. The only thing that saved it was that it also rolled slowly, so it was a very wild barrel-roll flight. After that, I replaced the F-117 with a second UFO glider, and it boosted straight.

I'd show pics but my website is offline right now (coming back soon).

- George Gassaway

George,

The air must be different in Kansas. Mike has flown this configuration several times. I've flown the F-117 twice off of it.

Bob

Latest posts

Back