Need info for 3D recreations of Centuri PNCs.

Discussion in 'Low Power Rocketry (LPR)' started by Doug Holverson, Nov 5, 2019.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Nov 5, 2019 #1

Doug Holverson

Doug Holverson

Doug Holverson

I'm trying to recreate 3D printable versions of old Centuri PNCs. I'm looking for dimensions and other information on the PNC-73, PNC-80, and PNC-83. I'm also interested in the plastic part sets for the Fighter Fleet.

2. Nov 7, 2019 #2

caveduck

caveduck

caveduck

semi old rocketeer

Hey Doug, the best source of dimensional and shape information for old Centuri nose cones actually lies in the old Semroc specs and shape drawings (which are the actual shapes Carl used to make his wood versions of the NCs).

If you have my OpenRocket parts DB https://github.com/dbcook/openrocket-database - all those parts are in there in the Semroc file, and the shape drawings are on both the eRockets site and the old Semroc site that Randy keeps online. I have not been able to make an authoritative Centuri file since Centuri themselves did not publish very complete data, especially in the later years when Damon was winding down the Centuri line.

One caveat if you are trying to make accurate 3D prints of the legacy parts is that Semroc did *not* maintain the same shoulder lengths as the Centuri originals.

For Fighter Fleet parts etc. I think the only option is to get actual kits and measure or 3D scan the parts. (publish please if you do that!)

3. Nov 7, 2019 #3

cwbullet

cwbullet

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry Staff Member Administrator TRF Lifetime Supporter Global Mod

These could be scanned and cloned on a printer.