Need ideas

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissileDaughter

Reaction score
My dad received a copy of the video that contained the 21 rocket solute (spelling?) and the taps at the 9-11 rocket launch.
Now, I am trying to find a free website where I upload the video to it. The video sizes are:
5.36 mb and 63.9 mb. Geocities won't allow me to upload any file above 5 mb. Highly doubt that angelfire would let me do it either.
On this site, I would also like to post some rocketry pictures too.
So, my question is, does anyone know of a place that is free that can help me with this?
Thanks in advance!

Who provides your family's internet service? A lot of companies nowadays offer web space on private pages for their customers for no additional charge. I know that's what I get with Earthlink, although I haven't used it yet.

WW

WW is right - check with your ISP. Most ISPs now offer personal web space, usually 5MB to 10MB of storage. You aren't going to find any free places that allow much more than that.

Can you edit your video clips into smaller chunks? if nothing else, you may need to post multiple clips, each one under the 2MB size limit.

cool - great info Missileman!

just checked the web site and the free sign up page is not available right now - says to check back in 48 hours.

This is almost too good to be true - any idea what the catch is?

if this is the real-deal I may move my web site off of my ISP's server - I only get 5MB there!

MissileDaughter... The larger one you may use wmv to make it a lot smaller. The 5.38 MB video is not that bad :). If you send me the videos, I can put it on my server for you :).

The only problem is in sending you the vids, it may have to be by snail mail. Most of the pop3 that we have been using limit mail to 10mb. I don't think we can get it that low even compressed.
Stevem, I have not used that server before but have heard good things.
Netfirm has a great 25mb free webhosting with no strings that I have used.

Back