Need Help IDing a Sidewinder Kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadebox

Roger Smith
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Please help me identify the maker of this kit and any other info about it. I believe it dates back to around the late 1980s. It's 3" in diameter.

If it helps, the same company produced a "Devastator" kit and a "Sea Dart" kit. The Devastator is not the same design as the current kit with that name from Binder Design.

Thanks!

-- Roger

I might be able to help.
I recently bought a kit that made the parts looking similiar to yours, the fins where fastened together the same, and the slots for the fins were cut out but the inners were still present.
i'd not sure of the name of the company, but the kit is at work, so i'll pop over there tonight and find out the name of for sure.

i think the company was ardvark, but i'm not sure

Just back from work.

My kit (4 inch PAC -3)is by Aarkvark which went OOP.
I got my kit from a retire vendor, it was a demo kit so it did not have a parachute, shockcord, or instructions but the fins/slots make me think that your kit could be an Aarkvark kit, and Aardvark did do mainly military kits.
I could not find anything on EMRR that supports it being an Aardvark kit, the list there points to 2.6 and 4 inch kits, no 3 inch kits are listed, nor are the other two kits that you said came from the same company. Also my kit had phenolic tubing.

Maybe Scrapdaddy can point out why its "definetly from ardvark"

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Thanks. I think the kit pre-dates Blackhawk R&D and Aardvark. It was in a group of items dating back the the late 1980s. So, it may be from someone who later was a part of Blackhawk or Aardvark.

-- Roger

Back